Still bleeding

anna_k

Firstly, I'm not a virgin. Haven't been for a year and a bit. I've had two partners since (one main one).

There was a break for about 3 months where I wasn't having any sex.

But a few days ago I started again and when I went to the bathroom afterwards there was a bit of a blood stain.

I thought the bleeding stopped after a few times. I was checked out by a gynaecologist last year and they say nothing is wrong (the Pill can sometimes cause the cervical opening to become friable and bleed). But it's so embarrassing because it hurts as well and he feels really guilty about it.

I seriously thought I'd gotten used to it. But I guess not.

Has anyone had/have this problem? I suppose I should get some more lubrication...

No I don't do any regular sports.

I didn't think it was possible for the hymen to remain intact after 1 year of sex.

I used to take painkillers before sex. I kid you not. I don't understand why its still hurting. I suspect the problem is anatomical.

if the guy is overly big that could happen

if your not lubricating enough it could happen

have you told your gyno that your expiriencing bleeding after sex? its most likly nothing, but i would check just to be sure.+

Edit - you could also have the doctor check if your hymen is intact, some girls are born with a more flexible hymen and could take a while before it fully tears.

Yeah, I've told them. I've had the tests and investigations. Nothing came up.

He is probably too big for me (admittedly I am rather small in size). Which means, apart from the guilt, sex is great for him and painful for me.

I hate that we want it to work so much but have to stop before anyone gets anywhere because I'm in pain. It's so frustrating and I feel crap about it. I don't know how he truly feels apart from guilty...

Not a huge amount but it's definitely there. It's a lot more enjoyable for me actually...

Yes, someone else suggested that too. It still hurts because it goes so deep. I can feel this vague pain in my tummy...its a worry!

I just want it to work for us.

I had this same problem. It's where some of the inside of the cervix grows on the outside, so when you have sex, it can bleed quite easily. It's just hormonal and nothing to worry about. It's happened to me maybe four times since I lost my virginity 14 years ago.

I find when I'm on top it causes this problem. Try positions where his penis doesn't go in too deep. xxx

He's probably bumping into your cervix, and you may also be getting small tears.

You need to use lots of lubrication and switch to positions where the penetration is not so deep. Try side-lying positions.

And if it hurts, stop.

There are other ways to derive pleasure besides intercourse. Don't keep going if it becomes painful- it will just irritate the tissue more and hurt worse the next time. Give yourself time in between sessions to build desire and heal.

BellaDonna

MissyM: Yes, that's what I was told I have. The junction of the cervix is meant to be present and more on the inside. Mine is barely visible and more of it seems to be on the outside.

Belladonna: The side-lying position is the least painful for me so thereforeeee it's my favourite. He likes me on top but that is incredibly uncomfortable. From behind seems to be equally painful.

I am still getting a blood-stained discharge. And it is really really sore down there. I think there's some minute injury!

Are there are other positions that are good?

I'm sure it looks a bit strange that I keep taking painkillers.

• 4 weeks later...

I had another bleed tonight. So far I have been bleeding after every session of sex (except one).

Tonight's was a big bleed. It soaked through. I was completely shocked.

And now I'm all swollen and it feels all sore and 'full' down there. It appears as though something is protruding out. I'm not sure what's going on because I can't quite see.

Is this to be expected when the guy is much bigger than the girl should have?

Anna, from what you have described I think it's time to see the doctor again. I know you said that they did not find anything last time- but maybe since you're having such extreme symptoms today they will be able to determine something.

If I were you, I'd refrain from sex until you get checked out, and call today. I consider this an emergency.

BellaDonna