Does his action speak for how he feels?

ladeedah

I made a party for my birthday and among the guests I invited a guy I like and I think he likes me but is too shy to make a move. Everyone came with a cute little gift like inexpensive wine or chocolate or stuffed animals. He came with really expensive bottle of wine(an expensive champagne to be exact),like everyone noticed how special it was. Would a guy bring this kind of gift if he wasn't trying to impress me or show me he thinks I'm special? Would you bring a special gift to a girl you weren't interested on?

Has he ever had a girlfriend - asked a woman out? Why do you assume he is shy? The Champagne is not a romantic gift- he just happened to spend a lot of $ (or maybe he was re-gifting it). You will know he is interested in dating you if he asks you out on a date - as long as you are acting warm, friendly and approachable - inviting him to your party is a good sign to him as long as you took the time to speak with him and make him feel welcome. I don't think it's necessary to ask him out if you are showing interest.