Ahhh Relapse- Contact- Friends in Time?

My ex emailed me in relation to a financial matter.

He also said sorry for hurting me but he wants to be free etc and thinks I'm a great person.

He wants us to be friends in time.

What do I do? Just leave it? What does it all mean?

Hi Kate,

He has made his feelings pretty clear about where he stands, so the only question for you is are you ready to be 'just friends' with him? Do you really need him as a friend, wouldn't it be too akward for you?

He has made the point of stressing that he wants to be free so he is really closing the door on the relationship. So you need to do whatever is best for you right now. My inclination would be to leave it, but you need to follow your own path. I don't know if you have already emailed him back, but if not then I would stick entirely to the financial matter and don't get into anything more personal. Keep it cool and detached.

I wish you all the best, take care...

Kate, i'm sorry that you even have to be in contact w/ him. My ex also said that he wants to be free. Well, they can both be as free as they want, we'll see how far they fly..I also don't want to be friends w/ him, he acted like a complete jerk (you know) Is there anyway a friend can handle the financial stuff for you?

cheers