Help

no. she has never been in a long realitionship before. weve been going out for a year. and i found out this guy likes her. i noticed because they hung out a lot and talked on the fone. we had a long talk and i thought everything was ok. i told her that him and her couldnt happen and i want her to stick with me. so i let her talk to this guy and she said she told him what i said.

but now today she told me shes confused and wants a break

I think he means gay as in the playground "god you're so GAY!"

The thing is, if she wants time apart, that's what she's going to get. Nothing you can do will change her mind, it may only serve to increase those feelings. Give her her space, there's nothing else you can do, I'm sorry!

no. she has never been in a long realitionship before. weve been going out for a year. and i found out this guy likes her. i noticed because they hung out a lot and talked on the fone. we had a long talk and i thought everything was ok. i told her that him and her couldnt happen and i want her to stick with me. so i let her talk to this guy and she said she told him what i said.

Shes breaking up with you, you cant tell her that it "cant happen"

IMO, she doesnt want to be with you and is trying to let you down gently by saying its jsut a break, becuase she knows you would try and stop her, which isnt fair.

and dont use "gay" that way, its just a really ignorant, low life thing to say.

Simple. She's attracted to this other guy and feels guilty about ending it with you.

This is very disrespectful to you and your relationship. The best thing to do is break up with her. You should not ever tolerate your significant other spending time with a guy who likes her, much less a guy she likes back. When you put up with this behavior you are becoming a pushover and showing a lack of self respect. All this teaches someone is that they can do this to you and get away with it. It won't stop.

Salvage your self respect and end the relationship. She needs to know that her behavior is wrong and will end relationships not on her terms.