Alone tonight no one to go out with...

I've been working from home all day today and want to see other human. I feel like going out tonight for drinks but can't find anyone to go out with.

What do you do in a situation like that? I'm a woman and feel a bit unconfortable to go to a bar or restaurant alone. I used to do that when I was on a business trip though. Any idea?

I used to do that, but I also live in a neighborhood where there are lots of mom and pop owned places, and everyone is kind of acquainted. So, it wasn't like going to some ghastly anonymous chain bar or restaurant.

I say go for it, and treat yourself to a snazzy drink and appetizer!

I've been working from home all day today and want to see other human. I feel like going out tonight for drinks but can't find anyone to go out with.

What do you do in a situation like that? I'm a woman and feel a bit unconfortable to go to a bar or restaurant alone. I used to do that when I was on a business trip though. Any idea?

I think that going out to a local bar or restaurant alone is a good idea. If you can do it on a business trip then it should be way easier to do it in your home town.

When i got tired of waiting for friends to make up their mind or when they weren't available i started going out alone. I loved it. I met a lot of people and had a lot of fun that way. I walked into the bar down the street from my place a month or so ago and now everyone there knows me and it's my local bar. I'm not a social butterfly in the least. I'm quiet and a loner and going out alone has been a pretty great expience. It's liberating to know that you can go out whenever you want and have a nice time without depending on what your friends' plans are.

why not go on a road trip? I did that a couple times this summer. Just drove out to a random small town and went for a drink and came back. It was fun and I got to blast the tunes in my car and cruise down the highway and when I got there i always talked to new people because I was more outgoing cuz I knew I didn't have to go back there again if I didn't want to. It was fun.