lost and confussed soul

i am still with my wife of 12yrs after she cheated twice on me. i still love her but i am empty on the inside. i am vey unhappy and hurt. i am at the point i don't know if i want to stay with her or leave. i believe the only reason i haven't left is because of my 3yr old and i don't want to hurt her. thats a double standard because she didn't care that she hurt me by cheating. i am just very confussed and need some advice on what to do. i feel that if she didn't care to hurt me why should i care if i hurt her. my mind is just all messed up and my heart is empty. i just feel lonely and lost in my own home and i just wander if theres a chance i can get it back if i stay with her. thanks, rc.

Has she said she was sorry?

For it to work out you would have to come to a place of forgiveness...

You have a few choices, you can leave and start over with your life. You can stay and forgive...... doing this will require a heart that wants to forgive and you will have to be ready to make it work and move past it.

If you can not do that you need to leave. If you decided to leave no one can blame you for that.

Your 3 year old would rather come from a broken home than live in one. If your relationship is unhealthy it could do more harm to children involved..

Well you can get back loving feelings but it will take some work. Marriage counseling will help get to the why's of her cheating. If you get to the source of the problem you can prevent it from reaccuring. And as the previous poster said you would need to forgive. If you don't think you're up to the work or willing to forgive than you can move on but that path isn't necassiarly easy either.

I have read back over all of your prior threads. I am very sorry you are going through this. You have received a good bit of advice on your other threads about this.

I was in a situation once where I was cheated on by my BF at the time. He cheated on me physically with another woman and with MANY women on line, cyber sex, and etc. I did my best to forgive him and move on, but he continued his dirty ways.

It is very very difficult to regain the trust again... Especially if there has been more than one or numerous occasions of infidelity in the relationship. When there is no trust , things are pretty much down hill from there unless both parties are willing to work hard at it and get the proper counseling.