Feeling sore and dizzy

All I want is for my body to be firm and skinny. I talked to the physician at my physical today and he told me yeah I need tons more calories for my brain to work. I ate 3 veggie egg bites today, a can of tuna with a wheat bagel, and a lean cuisine. That is about 500 calories total. I'll probably eat some string beans with white rice at work. Go run later tonight at the gym.

Can you look over this meal plan I got from spark people and tell me if this is a good diet for me, not too much for me, I'm 5'2 ft and I weigh 135.5lbs, I probably have some muscle on me too. I'm not fat, but I'm not firm.

I have 2 different plans to switch around with so I won't get bored:

Breakfast:

Orange Juice, 4 FL OZ

Milk, nonfat, 1 cup

total ceral, 0.75 cup 1 serving

bagels, oat bran, 0.5 bagel

cream cheese, 1 tbsp

this is 387 calories, 7 fat, 68 carb, 17 protein

For lunch:

apples

baby carrots

whole wheat bread

peanut butter

jam

This is 415 calories, 12 fat, 71 carbs, 10 protein

For dinner:

I'll get a lean cuisine and a chocolate pchip cookie

This should be around 485 calories, 21 fat, 50 carbs, 28 protein

For snack:

orange juice

tortilla chips 1 oz

salsa

This should be 247 calories, 8 fat, 42 carbs, 5 protein

IN total: 1534 calories, 48 fat, 230 carbs, 61 protein

Another is:

Breakfast

Cantaloupe

Milk

Multigrain cheerios

bagel oat bran

cream cheese

390 calories, 7 fat, 69 carbs, 17 protein

Lunch:

raisins

lettuce

turkey

mayo

an oat brain bagel

429 calories, 13 fat, 61 carbs, 22 protein

dinner:

Again a lean cuisine with an orea cookie

Should be around 505 calories, 11 fat, 68 carbs, and 39 protein

a snack:

baby carrots

kraft light done right ranch salad dressing

peanut butter granola bar x 2

305 calories, 17 fat, 36 carbs, 5 protein

in total: 1629 calories, 47 fat, 234 carbs, 84 protein

This along with 8 speed running for 35 minutes and alternate lifting days.

Any input would be appreciated

Seems okay to me - at least because you're being more realistic about calorie intake - but why don't you see a dietician?

Why not do some internet research? There's heaps of information out there about how to put on muscle and tone up. There will be magazines on this you can buy with sample diets too.

i think you need to try to eat less sugar, because that really stimulates the appetite because it causes mood swings, and makes it harder to lose weight... (i.e., cut out OJ, cookies, granola, raisins, bagels, etc.).

also, i don't think you are getting enough protein, since most lean cuisines don't have that much protein. protein stabilizes blood sugar and carries you through hunger periods, helps build muscle and has fewer calories than carbs and sugar. you don't have to eat a lot of protein, but probably need more protein and less carbs and fat to lose weight.

there is also research that shows that the best weight loss exercise is actually walking rather than running, and easier on the joints... and if you go too low on calories, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops, so you don't lose weight, just feel sick.

so i would try to add more lean protein to your diet, and fewer carbs... and eliminate everything that is high sugar or carb or a 'snack' food (raisins, OJ, chips, granola, cookies, bagels). you need more green vegetables and fiber too with your snacks, that will fill you up. try a cube of cheese and a couple high fiber crackers for a snack rather than granloa bars or cookies... or some cottage cheese, cream cheese or peanut butter in a celery stick, or spread on a few apple slices. or a hard boiled egg and a snack cup of unsweetened applesauce, or a piece of lean ham or turkey wrapped around a cantalope slice. or carrots and brocolli florets with non-fat ranch dressing. i think you'll feel less hungry, and not have the blood sugar drop followed by craving more food if you cut out some of the high carb and sugar you are getting...

if you do get carbs, try to get fiber with it (i.e., an orange rather than OJ, high fiber bread or crackers rather than bagels).

you can really eat more calories per day if you reduce the carbs and sugar and up the fiber and add more green and low carb veggies... and fewer carbs are great for losing weight (though it doesn't have to be really low, its easier to lose weight on less carbs).

once you get where you want to be, then you can add some carbs back in, but avoid high sugar/carb content, except for an occasional treat, or a splurge once a week with a fancy dessert or ice cream sundae. just not every day because that will jsut make you hungry and mess with your blood sugar...

take a look at info on the glycemic index, and diets like south beach diet that balances protein, carbs, and fat...