He/she should just say 'this is the most amazing babe in my life at the moment and his/her name is...............

lol

at the moment...

I like it when he says "this is the girl I was telling you about"

or when I walked into his work the first day I arrived here and they all said "oh, you must be eva, Maccas Girlfriend!!"

Actually, Eva, hate to break it to ya, but your bf modeled the song he made up for you based on another song.

It's on my iPod... it's called "Pefect Day" by Lou Reed.

Ever seen Trainspotting? It's from that movie.

I know...

he just played around with the words, we were doing it all day

I ment he made up the new lyrics...

I dont even know what "sangria" is... or why you would drink it in a park

Maybe it's just me, but "partner" immediately makes me think of same-sex couples. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but my other half is very much a male.

Actually, it's funny because just this morning I had to call up a hotel in the UK to change my reservation from one to two people, and they said "Oh, you're going to bring your partner", and I thought it sounded very strange.

Maybe it's just me, but "partner" immediately makes me think of same-sex couples. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but my other half is very much a male.

I was going to say that too, but I didnt know how to phrase it without sounding like a biggot (not that you sound like a biggot)

I usually referred to my ex as my boyfriend, but I definitely see where you're coming from as far as the word making it sound young or not serious in some way. I like the expression "significant other" personally...

Also, I would say "my guy" fairly often, too. Or "the boy," but that definitely wouldn't be appropriate when the two people are older.

If all else fails, just go with "the bane of my existence..."