talking about personal stuff??

theress this girl in my school..

ive talked to her briefly so far..

she knows i like her and i sent her a white rose on valentines..

but its not really like that.. cuz she has a bf (of 2 years - almost) and theyre pretty happy together..

so, i told a mutual friend yesterday that i sent a white flower cuz i just want to be friends and i really do..

of course the mutual frind told her but we havent seen each other yet??

the thing is, what should i talk to her about?? to make it seem as if i am just looking for frindshp..

should i go into personal stuff (like family, her bf, uni nxt year.) or am i not in the right place to do that??? and what else should i talk about to give the idea that we can be friends??

oh, and since she knows i like her, can i talk about the past???

stuff like "i used to like u but now i guess we hve same feelings"

obviiously not those words but sumthing like that??

It sounds to me like you are actually interested in this girl romantically? The Valentines rose sends mixed messages, as it's a romantic gesture, and you are slightly over stressing the 'just friends' bit.

I could be way off track of course, but you should be clear and honest to yourself about your motives before you proceed with this. Because if this girl has a boyfriend and they are happy together then you could wind up getting hurt if you push for anything more than friendship.

If I am wrong and you can really honestly say that friends is all you want to be then don't stress about how to approach this girl. Just be yourself, let the conversation go where it goes. Start with just light-hearted chit chat and if she is responsive then you can start to ask more about her.

You don't need to 'make it seem as if you are just looking for friendship', because if that's all you are really looking for then it will seem that way to her.

I wish you all the best with this...

If you decide that you want to be friends only with this girl then you have to realize that there will be no going back. You will automatically become friendzoned (if she does agree to be friends with you of course). If you are romantically interested in her, I would say leave her alone. She has a boyfriend already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, are you really wanna just keep only friendship and nothing more coz you like her from your heart, its difficult to control you know. So you have to ask yourself this first. If you are sure, then, easy, just tell her directly, If i were this girl, I would always prefer a direct way and I wouldn't mind keep a friendship. That's my point of view, hope it helps.

Celinaxxx