Have I ruined It?

Balistic01

Hey All

Hope some of you nice people out there might be able to help me out.

I've been chating via email and MSN to a really nice girl for the past four months. We have been getting along great and have even planned to meet in April. Not sure if this girl is interested in dating or if she only see's me as a friend (I'm considering her as a possible date). The thing is I sent her a Valentines ecard, very casualy saying happy Valentines day and best wishes etc. Anyway I sent her a card and I know she's read due to the notification I got. But no card in return and no emails saying thanks. Also I usually get an email every day or two. But nothing lately, have I ruined it? Please help....

I'd say it's too soon to tell.

Perhaps she feels she should have sent you something as is unsure of what to say next.

My suggestion would be to not worry about it and continue on in your dealings with her as if nothing has happened. This might mean you send her the next email or initiate the next chat nistead of waiting longer than normal for her to do so.

I don't believe in sending vday cards to someone you have never met in real life unless perhaps it was really just a friendship kind of card and wayyyy toned down. It's never a good idea in my opinion to type and talk to a stranger for more than a few days before meeting in person - you get all sorts of expectations and get attached and forget that it's just typing and talking to someone who, for romantic purposes, is a complete stranger.