Walking Back In With A Gun Half-Cocked At My Head

NOTE: This is a retail job that pays $10.25 an hour.

Yesterday, I had a huge falling out with one of my bosses at work. He got rude with me and I got rude with him. Both of us were out of line, except he kept pushing (vocally of course) until I snapped.

I left work in a rage and was cursing at him the whole way out. I know that I was out of the line and the likelihood of me keeping my job is questionable.

I went back yesterday evening after the incident had occurred, to apologize to the boss with which this matter had propagated. Another one of my bosses had come out and stated that he did not wish to speak to me and to go home and let the matter mole over until tomorrow (which is today ). NOTE: I found it very rude that he would not even have the balls to come out and let me apologize.

Anyways, I got in contact with the Store Manager today and I explained myself to him. He told me to come in for my scheduled shift tomorrow and we would talk face-to-face.

My question to all of you is whether or not to walk away from this job? I am sure that I could find another one in due time, however I do not just want to walk away from the problems that I create. I lost a lot of respect with the way that I stormed out of there yesterday and I wonder what people think of me now. I am just wondering, if they do let me keep my job, how can I walk back in there with my head held high knowing the ugly side of me that they have all seen.

I am sorry if this ramble did not make much sense, but I am really at a loss about what to do. I really did/do love this job. The people were great and the time flew by I just do not want to loss this job, and yet I do not want to lose face either.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Personally, I don't think you'd be able to go back to a job after doing that. I'd be surprised if they would even allow you to come back. Whether or not its a bad job is another thing...but the only time people cuss a boss out is if they know the job is over. I think that in any type of job you should do your best to be polite. If it is a job where you aren't treated fairly, you should just leave...handle it professionally by stating your reasons and quit.

I think you should just learn your lesson and move on. Its only a retail job so at least you dno't have to have larger repurcussions