I think she wants me to propose. What do I do?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it a dozen times with people who study abroad. Before they leave, they promise nothing will change, and that when they come home they'll be the same as they were.

After they get back, the only thing they can talk about is how much they hate it and want to go back abroad.

As has been said before, your gf is afraid that she will waste however many years waiting for you, only to find out when you return that you have found someone else. She wants to know now whether she should start looking again, or whether its worthwhile to wait.

As such, you have to make choices together. If you are on a beautiful tropical island surrounded by hot girls and places to have fun, you may do yourself a disservice to be unable to enjoy all that. However, if you ARE serious about this girl (as you said you were) then it would not be fair to her to make her wait.

If money is a factor, let her be patient. You may be a suffering student now, but if you become a successful doctor, money will not be a problem. If she, like many girls here, have said "I don't care about the ring, I care about you", then marry her as soon as you can!!! A girl like that doesn't come along often, and there are plenty of girls out there who consider a $10,000 ring to be "settling for less".

okay heres my 2 cents... i think you should propose when she comes down because it seems like you really love her and want to spend the rest if your life with her. && i also think that she just wants to know were she is placed in your life. but if u are more then positive that you want to be with her forever PROPOSE.... it all comes down to you...nobody knows how yall both feel except yall two..