I met a guy online and then he ran away.

I will make it quick long story. I met a guy online some years ago, we talked and talked on the phone. He was always messaging me like crazy. It seemed like he was crazy about me..We finally met. I had a great time with him and he made sure I did, took me so some very nice places and introduced me to his friends. I thought we really hit it off..

He lived far away... I was visiting in his area. I stayed with a relative not so far away from him during my 2nd part of my trip. I called him and he never got back to me.

Then when i got back home , he called. I told him "why didnt you call me back" He said where i was staying was far. I did not say anything but felt it was rude.

Then he had to be in my city on business in some weeks. He didnt make plans, just called to tell me he was in town.. He was with his friends as well. I saw him and again he was very nice gracious. But he did not call me back until he was back home. I really thought I would be spending time with him here.

Ever since then he blocked me online. btw hes called me when hes here, i just dont pick up... not sure what happened?

to me it seemed liked he was putting distance there on purpose.

Sorry to say this but this guy sounds like he wants to keep you there as a "fall back plan", but you are on no priority list.

Sounds just like my ex. These guys tend to appear to be the nicest in the world, full of manners and gentlemanly moves. In fact, they pride themselves on being so nice and also make comment about it. Saying things like "I want to treat you right". It didn't suit him to meet you when he was in town, as "other" things and I'm surmising probably other women cropped up. You are a little fall back plan for him which is why he checked in when he got home. Its a little trick to keep you interested. But he's not putting any eggs in your basket.

I can almost bet as soon as you back off from contacting him completely, he will be there...emailing and calling....

This guy has problems and thats why I got out of it. It's tough I know. But some people seriously knock your head against a brick wall and they are to be avoided at all costs.... have fun out there!!

From an in person perspective you only met him once. Many people never have a second date - it's just called "dating." The typing and talking before you met might have gotten you attached or raised your hopes but that's unrealistic in my opinion - you have to meet in person to see if you click, you did, you had a good time, but for him there apparently wasn't that click or maybe he had a girlfriend or got back together with an ex soon after. That he was "crazy" about you meant he was crazy about the image he had of you from typing and talking - but for purposes of chemistry in person, that is irrelevant - not just looks, but everything, body language, vibes, manners, presense, etc.

I would avoid this kind of typing and talking to someone you might want to date -- talk a few times, make plans and meet ASAP - becuase for some reason you seemed to think this was more than a first date that didn't turn into a second.

forget him. It sounds like maybe he didn't feel the same chemistry you did on the first date. But, he sounds like a total wuss because he couldn't just tell you he didn't want to see you again, so he goes the passive aggressive route and avoids your call and blocks you. I think if he were more of a man, he would have just told you that he met someone new or just didn't feel the chemistry with you. Yeah, just forget him, and I agree with batya, meet men sooner rather than later online. Don't get attached to them from months of endless typing as you are getting attached to a vision of them in your head, not the real person.

good luck

My opinion is Yes he probably did like you I mean talking to you for so long there was something there but hey distant relationships are hard to keep up I mean I can tell you exactly what happened (it has happened to me) for one you two started a long distant relationsip where the two dont live that close together sure you can go see each other but hey it gets old not having the person you so called love there with you instead you have to go out and travel a ways to see each other(who wants a relationsip like that anyway?) So over time plus distance he drifts away finding someone where he lives that he knows is always there and hes attracted to them so where does that leave you? Without him because in his eyes the relationsip probably wasnt serious with you so he figured you wouldnt be hurt and you would understand not saying you cant be friends because he did still call but didnt want to meet catch my drift? The only thing to do is be adult about it, examine the relationship as it WAS and not going to be, move on and you can still continue being friends just let him know that you have a feeling on whats going on and maybe he will confess if not then bring any of this up to him by asking then he may feel comfortable enough to tell you the truth. Its not a bad thing it didnt work Id rather have a man by my side one to guide me all the time and one I can love and he can love me, one I can lay down with every night and cuddle and watch tv instead of driving back and forth.