How can you love and accept yourself?

You have just asked what is pretty much the toughest question that one could ask, in terms of love and relationships. I think there are many ways in which one could tell you to appear more confident, and I also think you should make an effort to do two others things: work and hope for the best interests of as many people as you can; and learn how to see how these people love and care for you. When you see how someone else loves you, then maybe you can love and accept yourself.

I'm sure there are other things to do also.

Hi,

I have a problem with loving myself and accepting things.

What would your advice be in feeling good and confident within yourself?

Do things that you enjoy and that make you feel good. For example, I love to horseback ride. I take one day for myself, go riding, take myself out to dinner and then I go to the bookstore and get a coffee. Realize that you're a unique individual and that you have your own special qualities and talents---and that you are the best person to love you and treat yourself the best. It all boils down to you

A few friends have suggested trying not to be so judgemental about myself and forgiving myrself for the mistakes I've made (looking at them as a learning experience rather than how I screwed everything up). This helps at times to become more positive and confident. But to be honest, I don't know how to love myself or accept things either.

I think the easiest way to do that is to volunteer. I was at an all time low in my life: no job, no school, and I was stuck at home doing nothing with no self esteem. I decided to volunteer at a preschool. Children are amazing. They will love and accept you for who you are, regardless of your past, present, or future, as long as you're nice to them, which is really not that hard. Now, a year and a half later, I have a job teaching preschool, I'm in college full time working towards a degree and then a PhD, and I'm in a relationship.

Volunteering was the single best decision I made in my life. When you work for free, you are guaranteed to have people who love and accept you because you're doing things for free. Once you see that other people love and accept you, then it's easier to love and accept yourself.

I have a problem with loving myself and accepting things.

What would your advice be in feeling good and confident within yourself?

How about:

In order to feel confident, one confides in oneself; one trusts oneself. One confides/trusts ones feeling, moment to moment. In doing this one is respecting/loving oneself. In other words, lack of confidence is lack of courage, where feelings are suppressed/ignored rather than felt/expressed.

Feeling good, is not a matter of never feeling bad, but rather to be feeling and to honour/respect feeling and not to hide or flee from feeling, moment to moment. Feeling is living. One follows, one is, feeling.

If one is feeling, what is there to accept other than feeling? Acceptance is honouring/respecting feelings as they arise.