Man, it's weird having friends

This is just a random post... just been thinking a lot...

I've mentioned on and off about how miserable I was at Michigan State University last year, how I had no friends, etc. How I moved back home to get over some of my depression but all of my friends were still at school so I really didn't have anyone to hang out with...

But now that I'm at a new college, I have made more friends in a month than I had in 3 years (I grew up with the same people, so they don't really count, plus I was in a relationship for 4 years and kind of shut out my friends).

I just can't get over this concept. REAL, TRUE friends who call just to say hi and who call to actually go out (instead of "oh, we should do something sometime"). It's so fantastic.

So yeah... really pointless, but I'm just happy!

well, moving in with my friend from highschool who was already established here did the trick for me.

Do you have any friends from highschool who go to that school as well?

Try getting involved in a club or maybe even a frat. They do spring rush (or whatever they call it for frats...pledge..who knows)...that's how my roommate made all of her friends.

I made a lot of friends by just FORCING myself to go out to parties and mingle.

If you're shy (like me), it really isn't easy... For me, it took switching schools, but i was just miserable in general