The phoenix must burn to emerge

I have had a lot going on over the last year and a half. I watched my city (New Orleans) get destroyed and I don't think I am the same. I am lucky that my house didn't flood, just my car. But everyone we know had flood damage to their homes. Even though I feel lucky, I can not help feel that life goes on around here like nothing happened, at least for the people who had the means to go on. It bothers me greatly. Since the hurricane, I am messy (use to be organized) and have a very short fuse. I feel like everything goes wrong all the the time. I can not get reprieve in any situation. I just feel sad all the time. I know I am part of the problem, but doesn't our environment contribute. I am uncertain of everything from my engagement to my everyday activities. I recently quit a doctoral program because I was miserable. Maybe I am just miserable. I just feel very hopeless.

Definitly see a shrink, there's bound to be victim help remainments that you can attend to on a free basis. Just say that you are victim of the new orleans hurricane and doors should open to receive psychiatric help or councelling and talking thru on what you have experienced as you clearly have not processed on what took place.