I love him, but he is 41 and i am 17

This guy who is 41 says he is in love with me and loves everything

about me. I believe him cause he one of those people who tell you to

your face. I have had sex with him but I'm only 17!! Is that bad. I love

him alot. He has asked me to marry him. Nobody knows he another bad

thing is that he lives with my sister. What should I do?

Move on girl. What you currently define as love will change many times before you reach his age. Besides he is not going to be interested in you for anything but sex. You will be used and discarded. And what will you have in common? Life experience? Clothes? Music? Friends?

Infatuation is not the same as love.

[ This Message was edited by: kamurj on 2002-03-10 04 ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brandi,

My Advice for you would be, to make sure u know whatt you want and what he wants, Now and the future. And Think it over make sure u doing the right thing.

If i were you i would go for it, what do u have to lose? Nothing. What do you have to gane? A Lover!!!!

GO for It Girl!!!

Hello, My name is Yvonne, I'm able to give some advice on age gap relationships. I work for The Trisha Show on ITV. Call me for a chat on 01603 752285, Looks like things have got a little complicated girl....!!!

[ This Message was edited by: kamurj on 2002-03-19 11 ]

Really - I understand what you are going through but you must get on with your life without him!!! I am 29, married to a 41 year old and currently having an affair with a 61 year old professional guy (he doesn't look it lol!). But at the end of the day I know it will get me no where and we both understand that so not to take it so seriously it will wreck our lives! Believe me - you will understand when you have more of life's experiences under you belt. You are so young - get on and enjoy your life - he has had his time!

[ This Message was edited by: kamurj on 2002-03-19 11 ]

• 2 months later...

Hey Girl,

My advice for you would be go for it, go fo what u want its your life and no one can tell you how to live it and ur the only one who can make dessicions for yourself. Honestly, what do u have to lose??? But think about what u have to gain.

Good Luck,

Sweetness 8)

• 3 years later...

hey Brandi, i am an 18 year old girl and iam engaged to a 48 year old man. i was with him when i was 15 and if you think you love him that much. and you are certain that he loves you then go for it huni.

forget what other people say or think, ypu have to do what makes youhappy not others!

michelle xx

Are you sure you'r ein love or is it the lust or a crush you have for him. Cuz imagine by the time you're 26, he'll be 50. He's old enough to even be your father, you won't feel good anymore. I suggest move on and find a guy close to your age, besides you can be charge with statuary rape since you're still a minor.

When I was 16 I liked someone 21yrs older than me. We flirted alot but nothing ever came of it. I just couldn't picture us in the long run, if anything we would just have a purely sexual relationship, an although at that moment I didn't mind, I learned that that wasn't what I really wanted, and that I had to move on. I didn't want to and it was harder than hell to do, but I did it. I do miss him, and I do still like him, and sometimes I think I made a mistake. So if you REALLY like this guy than try it, what's the worst that can happen? Either you end up w/o him, or you end up with him...

Or she could really love him and see that beyond wrinkles, reading glasses, and all to the beautiful time wizened eyes that are gentle and show nothing but the care and respect he has for her. That no matter the span of years between them, there is really nothing between them because their joy in finding each other can bridge the gap and unite the countries of their hearts.

I had a friend who was 17 and was dating a 42 year old guy. She had HUGE issues with her father, and would only settle for men that were significantly older than her because it seemed she was looking for not only a lover, but a father figure.

I think today, she is 25 and works at a strip club.

• 2 weeks later...