What are some good ideas for dates?

Kevin T

I'm going on a first date this Saturday. We're both a bit shy, so we decided to do something fun and easy to break the ice a bit. We've narrowed it down to skating or bowling. We can stare at each other in a coffee shop after

What else... going for walk, indoor rock climbing, video arcade, aquarium, cheap sports event...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I definitely get my energy from within. One of my best girlfriends is an extrovert and it kills her to be alone. She has to have plans with someone every weekend. Otherwise, (in her own words), she "wouldn't know what to do with herself..." And then there is me. I could be alone for a few days and not talk with anyone and I'd be fine.

I wonder do introverts 'do better' with extroverts...and vice versa....all though come to think about it one person who I was really into was an introvert just like me so who knows?

What I know is that yes extroverts and introverts can compliment one another just fine. I think there are other personality factors that will tip the balance either way.

According to Meyer-Briggs testing I am close to 80% introvert on the introversion-extroversion scale.

I've been in relationships with both. Personally, introverts I found easier to hang with over time.

I'm going on a first date this Saturday. We're both a bit shy, so we decided to do something fun and easy to break the ice a bit. We've narrowed it down to skating or bowling. We can stare at each other in a coffee shop after

What else... going for walk, indoor rock climbing, video arcade, aquarium, cheap sports event...

That sounds fun. I'm sure you'll have a good time!

hey here's a weird, but I think romantic, more advanced in a relationship date idea for nature lovers or science freaks in mid winter (maybe not for a date) and mid summer half way between sunset and sunrise: these are the times for Northern Lights - get some binoculars and a star guide and go spend the evening learning together about the sky and wish for the Northern Lights. When I lived in Maine people were amazed how frequently I experienced them. The secret is going outside around midnight and looking up. She'd have to be a certain type of woman to find this exciting. (my kind, btw) For best results get out of the city. Take a blanklet.

There are so many possibilities for dates, depending on the two people and how much they know of one another.

A two-headed angel....

Exactly. All you Canadiens remind me of a six-pack of Molson waiting for me at home. Thanks for the chat. After this brainstorming we should all be beyond where to go or what to do with a date and settling into the date in and of who she or he is in and of her or himself. It is not about us. It is about us getting to know them - and if we like them (and they like us), then beginning that wonderful free-fall of creating bonds of friendship and respect. The best passion will follow most naturally from there, I say.

Best idea is do nothing special. Focus on portraying yourself as a cool and safe guy to date first and foremost and be a gentleman, and then build from there. Dont buy anything for her and yourself and bring your own water bottle if you are thirsty. Go to some cheap coffee shop, or a food court in the mall and just talk with her. Get your mind off of 'buying' or 'impressing' her, and put your mind on just seeing how you interact with her.

Take it as you are just 'feeling' each other out and getting the 'vibes' on whether or not you can feel comfortable taking her out, rather than focusing on making some romantic movie scene.

I'm agreeing with what you're saying, Luke. I like it. I was thinking the same thing.

I'm not cheap, but... I don't know. Buying someone coffee, even, on the first date could be seen as trying to buy her off. I'd like her to know I'm not in the business of buying women off to get them to appreciate me.

I've always found first dates to be best when you talk.

Drinking alcohol (yes learning that side of women i found to be a HUGE deal in whether or not I'll date them) or drinking coffee. One or the other. Some girls I know they are valid when you get in the car and they just start talking. i love it when they talk about uncomfortable things that get me into the conversation... so that I'm not doing small talk. Politics in the beginning or philosophy always helps me find comfort... as I'm pretty keen with the two.