Okey, I need help. I hate feeling jealous, and hurt and just eehhh, for no reason.

Today, I learned that my girlfriends friend, that is a boy is going to ask her to the prom, and that really makes me jealous, and it hurts me, and I'm crying, and Ifeel like I can't take it if that happeneds. And I know it's a stupid reason for like crap over. She tells me it's just her friend, they grew up together, they are like brother and sister. I feel alittle better, but I still feel like crap. I feel like I wanna break up with her, but I know its a stupid reason. I know it's going to hurt me to know that she is going to be spending the night at his house, (NOt alone of course, but with her mom and his mom), and they are going to go to the prom and dance and just have a good time, while I sit here and dieeeee, I Don't wanna feel that way. and it's also going to be on our 1 year anniversary. I need someone to tell me something, something that will make me feel better that will tell me I'm wrong or right? about all this...

I didn't even have friends as a reason to go to prom so I didn't even go to it.

Instead, I stayed home alone in front of my computer.

So I can understand your pain but please think about something else.

You're going to graduate from highschool. Congratulations. That's the first step to take for being well educated.

Hey Happy Sadness -

Here's how I see it....

Here's aboy she's known her whole life. Prom seems like a perfectly appropriate ending to a lifelong CHILDHOOD friendship. Whilst she moves on with you into an adult relationship, let her enjoy one of the last hoorahs of childhood/highschool kid stuff with a friend she shares that childhood/kid stuff with....

...and then the two of you can move on into more grown up adventures....

I assume there's a reason you're not taking her to the prom yourself? So if she has to go without you, she may as well go with a good friend and have a good time. Be happy for her and trust her!

Are you concerned about the two of them developing deeper feelings? The way I see it is you can't control her and it's unhealthy to try. Don't sweat what you can't control, and try your best at what you can - being a great guy - and let things happen as they will.

But if you're just talking about a simple date to the prom because they each have no one else to go with, then I don't think there's a problem