A Mushy Question :)

I'm in a mushy mood tonight....so I thought I'd pose this question:

In your past relationships....or current:

How did you know when you were "in love"?

Was it right away? Was it slow? Was it someone you'd known

a long time.?

Who said it first? What was yours/ her response to it?

How are things with that person now?

it is a totally indescribeable feeling, when you feel it you will know. and it is the best feeling ever. when i felt it, it was fairly fast with my girlfriend, and i hadnt known her all that long at all, i told her, it was the first day i had gotten back from a 2 week vacation out of the country and i wasnt able to alk to her, and things with her, are the besttt! i couldnt ask for anything more, she is the girl im going to spend the rest of life with

Hi,

This was my last relationship, i.e., beyond just dating someone for a period of time:

It wasn't a single event, but a feeling and a culmination of a whole bunch of events which I never share with just anyone:

Things just clicked; I cared about her and was there for her; she did the same with me; we were two peas in pod; everything we did was special; she saved every memento of us - souveniers, receipts from dinners and places we went together, mini gifts such as a bogus looking flower I would grab from the neighbors lawn before I knocked on her door, etc., and then presented me with an "us" scrapbook; I would write good bye love letters to her if she was already asleep and I had to go home; dancing with her in the bedroom after we had sex; the list goes on and on. I knew that this was much more than just "i like her."

Was it right away? Was it slow?

It was both. She recalled things from our first encounter such as things I spoke about (I was too drunk that night to recall but played along) and saved my first call which was a voice message every 30 days so it wouldn't erase, so I think for her it was lust right away. I was interested as well (not lusting), but the love grew for us over the next couple of months.

Was it someone you'd known a long time.?

Nope. We met through friends, and just hung out for a couple of weeks before I was told that she "really, really likes me."

She did - I was too chicken to say it. We both knew what was on each others minds, but neither wanted to say it because of how the other would take it. I trapped her into saying it first, and she knew what I was doing. Of course, I said it right back after she said it.

We broke up a while back and never spoke since other than a few awkward encounters where we both didn't really know how to act: stare at each other, nervous gestures, etc. It was a very messy break-up. I guess when you fall hard and fast, the end can be brutal and ugly. I still think about her at times, but I got past the negative emotions about her, and hope she is healthy, happy, and doing well. Occasionally I will kick myself in the butt for not speaking with her after we broke up whenever we just stood there nervously and stared at each other, but, I think by now we have both moved on and the rest is up to fate - if we're ment to be then we'll somehow reconnect one day.

Ugh...I just re-read this and the mush-factor is like off the charts.

• Like 1

yeah it is a mushy question...

my ex..hmm we both knew when we met at a job we both worked at. We were friends for two years, and we were both in relationships when we met. Everyone we knew who worked with us always asked when we were getting together, i guess it showed that much.

So we just knew before we ever dated.

Do not remember who said it first, i dont believe it needed to be said.

Where are we now???, divorced. SO much for that. LOL.

I realized that I was in love when I felt that I could be myself with him, that he wouldn't judge me and would accept me for who I am. I felt very comfortable and at peace -- the overall feeling was much happier than the thrill of those first few dates.

The timeline was something like this: we worked together for about a year. Very gradually we got to know each other and towards the end we went on a couple of dates. And then when we basically established that we were dating, it had to be long-distance. When we were cuddling together five months later, I realized that he made me happier than anything/anyone else...and I told him I loved him. He gave me a very warm hug and whispered that he loved me, too.

It's been two years since we said that to each other...and we broke up six months ago (hence I'm at this forum). Tragic.

Pretty instant with us and with a couple of exes. With my first wife it ended up in an acrimonious split, with an ex-girlfriend it was so intense it burned itself out fairly quickly. As for my (2nd) wife, we've been together 18 years since our first date and we have a daughter. We've had a few dodgy times but I still think I made the right choice.

It just kinda happened. It wasnt slow, but because I had been in a hard relationship before this one, I was afraid of going too quickly, But 3 weeks in, I was already head over heels! You know, when your comfortable with the person your with, there is no pressure, & your happy to be with them & talk to them.

Was it right away? Was it slow? Was it someone you'd known

a long time.?

As a matter of fact no, I had met him online and only talked to him for about a month, but it was so easy to talk with him, things just took off

He said it first & I was cautious of it. I wont say it unless i mean it. And I told him this. Its better to have it said & meant, then say it and not mean it. I finnally told him after a few weeks, & the reasons why, and he was happy. I was happy he told me & I knew he meant it.

we're about 5 months into our relationship. Although things have slowed down a bit, we're still very much in love, and although we both know in the back of our minds we'd prolly rush things if given the chance, we are working hard to take things slow so things keep working out the way they are