Almost 22 and Still a Virgin

Ok so I am 3 weeks away from my 22nd birthday! I'm excited but as of lately I've been pretty down. I'm kinda shy in my opinion but everyone says I'm outgoing. I've never been on a date and never had a real boyfriend just two phone ones (one guy I met online and we met but a week later broke up and the other a friend set me up with but we never met). I've only made out once with a guy that I can remember and I was a little drunk. I've been fingered once also. When I was like twelve a friend (female) and I experimented. I think I'm ugly but I've gotten both kind of comments (pretty) and (ugly).I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? I'm kinda flirty with guys I like but I guess I'm still doing something wrong!

Everyone's different, and some people take longer to have sex for the first time.

Actually, sex is pretty dull without the excitement of being wanted for more than fooling around. Waiting until you have a caring bf is a good idea. Otherwise you may just get stuck in an awkward relationship based merely on sex, and resenting the lack of real intimacy, the sort that matters.

• Like 1

You really shouldn't just have sex to get it over with at your age, finding someone you have a connection with will be so much better and a nice memory.

Ask your girlfriends to watch you when you're out and see if you are doing something wrong when you are talking to guys. Acting desperate or too forward or clingy may scare them off.

Also, don't tell a guy that you're a virgin, wait until something is definitely going to happen then say it.

Everyone's different, and some people take longer to have sex for the first time.

Actually, sex is pretty dull without the excitement of being wanted for more than fooling around. Waiting until you have a caring bf is a good idea. Otherwise you may just get stuck in an awkward relationship based merely on sex, and resenting the lack of real intimacy, the sort that matters.

I couldnt agree with you more Dako, and Im a guy! Sex complicates things, just enjoy life, build a relationship with someone and experience the wonderful feeling of true love.

Virgin at 22? So what? That's no biggie. Don't worry about it. Some guys might prefer an experienced woman, but there's plenty of guys who'd prefer a virgin, and many others who don't care.

I wouldn't even dream of requiring a GF to be a virgin, but if she was, honestly that'd be an emotional and physical extra turn on for me. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Virginity is nothing to be ashamed of. Relax. You don't have an expiration date. Don't even give it another thought.

i was reading your thread and just thinking how alike we are.i've never had sex and i have never really dated.i like someone too and i'm too shy to tell them.i am 20. once you lose it you cant get it back and most men find it a turn on.thats right i said MEN not boys.i just think when it happens it happens and i'm in no rush.you shouldn't be either