getting stood up and also with excuses

joe45

met this girl at a info session meeting which involved work. we chatted while walking to the skytrain about cas stuff, school, the position what not etc...then i got her email which i asked for, add her to my msn. found out she was single and around my age-which i thought was cool

well heres the deal first time i asked her to hang out with me, she didn't even show up.

she later told me she was there, but i looked around and she wasn't. she told me she was at chapters(bookstore) waiting, which i clearly told her to meet me at starbucks-which is inside chapters. this misconception has never happened with any other friends-be it male or female. i also looked around chapters that day briefly and did not see her-i waited for 45min-frustrated for busing a 35min ride to see her.

second time we meet up shes there 6 min late but that ok we eat out for lunch

3rd time i ask her to meet me at 2pm the night before ,but phones me later that day at 11am to tell me she can;t make it

4th-she does not even show up. i have a interview at 10 30am so i out of the house, and then gets a haircut, we are suppose to meet at 1pm, she is not there. i wait for 25 min, then go to a pay phone and calls her-i get vociemail-which i leave. she phones my house-which my mom tells me she phoned-i guess she changed her mind again- YES again Last minute.

she phones me and says sorry , and that she got the job, at this company called ****, i research it on the net-no such company called *****.

i believe its just an excuse with the job she got hired(how can someone get hired on the first interview and working on same day-position director of research) and also her being at chapters-but wasn't. for some reason this girl changes at last minute.An example will be -- i will phone her the night before to ask her to hang out at a certain time and place .she agrees and says Yes, but then she changes her mind-she phones my house but i am no longer home since i had a interview earlier or was oout that day already , i go to that location and shes not there, i phone her by pay phone(no cell) and she does not pickup but a voicemail, but at other times when i casually call her at home to say hello to talk she just picks up .

i told her before to have her cell on-b/c i might phone her if she is around or not. she didn't i get vociemail the 2nd time.

i'm not sure if i should even give her another chance. its so frustrating, rude and discourteous. am i jsut gettin played around. she phones me sayin sorry. her excuses jsut sound very weak. getting hired on first day of your interview as aa director of research , and the company -lol never heard of it-googled it and it came out with nothing.

I got a feeling deep down inside she just a liar and makes excuses, she also doesn't seem to go out much-she told me she stays at home a lot-not sure true or not.

Hi Joe,

It's possible that she's a liar. It's also possible that she's telling the truth, and it was just circumstances outside of her control. Regardless, I think you deserve better--at the very minimum a person who isn't a liar, or someone who's life isn't so turbulant that they are unable to make appointments and follow through with them.

I say move on.