Shys and Online Dating sites

If it's worth it depends on what you're looking for; what type of relationship do you want? If you want to use a dating site to meet people and start out having a causal relationship then it might be worth it. But if your looking for something more, something more serious it can be worth it but that won't happen overnight.

I've used one of the really popular dating sites, which I recommend, (email me if you want to know which one) but you have to be smart about online dating. If you go into it thinking you're going to meet the "one" I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment and lots of frustration. But if you go into it with a positive attitude saying you'll just have fun meeting and go out with people then you might find it more enjoyable and less frustrating.

What to include in your profile if you decide to try it out:

1) Be specific about what you're looking for (ie. relationship, friendship)

2) Be specific about who you're looking for (don't say I want someone that is fun, define fun)

3) Be specific about who you are (don't say I'm fun and romantic, define it!)

4) Be specific about what your hobbies and interests (i.e. "I could spend hours a Barnes and Nobles.")

5) BE SPECIFIC, BE SPECIFIC, BE SPECIFIC!!! It will help weed out the bad.

Women using online dating sites usually get a ton of emails from prospective guys so they read a lot of profiles and usually they are all the same (not specific and it gets boring after awhile) Keep this in mind.

Give it a try and see how you like it. I wouldn't commit to a 6 month membership but start out small like 3 months. Any other questions let me know! Happy hunting!

Nope don't go there.

You have to be realistic in life. Virtual love is worthless in that aspect that it will never aquire you physical contact.

Its better to find someone within your inner circle and date someone in real life. Ask yourself the question, what good has being shy ever done for you? Nothing so put it in the trashcan , be daring and bold as you got nothing to lose anyway. Don't care for the outcome, even if everything goes wrong , you will always have a win win situation. consider it as dating lessons. You see if you never shoot , you will always miss right? And that's what basically what being shy is. If you ask someone out and they say no, you can at least say i tried, and if you ask someone out and they say yes, you got a date.

Nope don't go there.

You have to be realistic in life. Virtual love is worthless in that aspect that it will never aquire you physical contact.

Its better to find someone within your inner circle and date someone in real life. Ask yourself the question, what good has being shy ever done for you? Nothing so put it in the trashcan , be daring and bold as you got nothing to lose anyway. Don't care for the outcome, even if everything goes wrong , you will always have a win win situation. consider it as dating lessons. You see if you never shoot , you will always miss right? And that's what basically what being shy is. If you ask someone out and they say no, you can at least say i tried, and if you ask someone out and they say yes, you got a date.

Wisdom, right there.

Nope don't go there.

That would help if I had people in my inner circle willing to introduce me.

Yeah, I have the same problem. My inner circle is already all married and their friends are married too. Yay me

I'm just trying out online dating myself. I am sending out smiles at first because I was also dubious about the costs. I have just signed up for one because of the two sites, I was only getting interest on one. But... you know even if the cost is a bit high, its certainly cheaper than sitting in a bar every day for month sending drinks around