Does birth control affect a woman's libido?

I've been with my gf for almost a year and a half. We were having great sex until a few months she has been uninterested and says she is either tired or not in the mood. When we do actually engage in sex, I am doing all the work. She told me she just got off of birth control and claims that it is causing hormonal changes and probably why she is not that into sex as much as she use to. Is that true? Can birth control affect a woman's libido?

Well, its frustrating me and making me feel really unwanted and angry. She says she is in love with me and still finds me attractive. I asked her if she was interested in someone else or having an affair and she swears on our relationship it is none of the above. Plus, she doesnt give me reason to suspect any foul play. I dont know what to think and feel right now. Ladies, some insight on this problem please, thanks.

Any type of horomal shift or change seems to interact negatively on a woman's libido, especially birth control pills, so I wouldn't be too worried unless it continues to be a problem. I was just talking with someone today about how horomones changes from pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, medications, and even simple vitamins can have a dramatic effect on a women sexually.

It could. I am a community health worker and that isn't however one of the things that come up in our discussion about birth control. But she should know her own body. If she suspects that then you might want to suggest the vaginal ring as a birth control method. She puts it in her vagina for three weeks and takes out for one. They say about 97% of women who try it are happy with it.

I've tried a few pills. The first one made me totally depressed for months till I decided it had to be the pill and went off. Surprise surprise I was back to my happy old self within a week of changing pills. The one I'm on now however seems to affect my libido. I went off the pill for a week and was surprised how my libido came back, before then I was totally disinterested sex. Nothing and nobody could have gotten me in the mood. My boyfriend even stopped looking attractive to me for some reason but as soon as I got off that pill I was all back to normal. Something to remember about the pill is that there are an excess of hormones surging through the body. Some people say that the pill produces symptoms similar to pregnancy as these are the same hormones present in pregnancy. Don't be hard on her. Any form of medication has side effects. Maybe talk to her about changing to a different pill. It worked for me. And also tell her that sometimes you need to change to a different pill after a period of time as the affects can change over time. I hope this helps.