THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian,

How long has it been since the BU? It's about 4 months for me, sucks still.

Happy Belated Birthday.

cr44hill

We BU 2.5 months ago, and have been NC for the last 1.5.

I've started to date again, but no girls really have the "spark" that my ex gave. I think a big hunk of me is scared to let go of her and the memories we had.

Everytime I see her car outside her work place (I drive by there everyday on the way to work), it bothers me. And I know that when/if I ever run into her again, it will be very hard.

Day 18 for John and Day 5 for Mark, and I'm messed up over both of them. John texted me yet again this morning, telling me he was taking his fiancee to the emergency room and would I pray for her. I want to scream. It's not that I am even in love with him, but I do still have feelings, and he hurt me the way he betrayed me, and he's stretching it to the limit. I think he's deliberately trying to hurt me at this point, and all I want is him to leave me alone.

As for Mark, I'm just hurt and sad. He ignored my email from last week, I saw that he read it, but he ignored it. He makes me feel like I'm always doing something wrong. All I want to do is love him, and somehow that's even bad.

Today is a bad day....I don't know how much more of this I can take. Not to mention my elderly mother has diarrhea all over my bathroom, then my cat got poop on my bedspread. I'm about at my limit...time for a Xanax...

The dawn of day 10, I think it is... Thought I was doing OK this morning, but got home from the post office and started to cry. (Reminded me of something we did once.) Also went by myself to a new restaurant last night, which is something we would have done together. But, if I keep doing those things on my own, it will be easier. My mother is coming out to visit this weekend, as well, which will help. My ex never got to meet my mom, and I think they would've gotten along great.

I'm still as sure as ever that the ex's new guy is a rebound, so I really have to play it cool. They're an LDR, and that might make things last longer, because she won't have as much contact to find out she doesn't like him as much as she thinks. On the other hand, maybe she'll get tired of him not being around, missing the little things we used to do together as a couple.

In some ways, I'm afraid of getting over her, too. Is that crazy, or what?

I've started to date again, but no girls really have the "spark" that my ex gave. I think a big hunk of me is scared to let go of her and the memories we had.

I was just having that same feeling this morning, being afraid of getting over my ex. Unfortunately, I know that's the best way to get her back. I put my personals ad back up, but I'm not expecting much (even though that's where my ex and I met).

So after a month of being breaking up and doing retarded arguing, we finally decided (or I did) to do NC for a while until we try to be friends again. Its day 2, and she texted me already saying she misses me alot and just wanted to see how I was doing. We're still keeping it up, but its nice to know she misses me after 2 days.

Day 10, and while I was at a friend's for dinner, she called to make sure I'm OK! I'll have to turn up the wick on the courage before I call back, but I'll keep it short and positive. It wasn't "let's talk about us," but nice to know she cares just the same.

I think a big hunk of me is scared to let go of her and the memories we had.

I thought about this more, and I think we're afraid of letting go of the memories (and even the pain of the breakup) because that's all we have left of the ex to hold on to. I had a few rough moments today, but I'm feeling better. And even moreso since the ex called to check on me (previous post).

Day 5 NC

Feeling a bit better today - have realised I may not have to give up my home and move to a different part of town after all.

I did have a bit of a wobble last night though: I had a really interesting day and really wanted to tell him all about it, realised I couldn't and was sad for a while.

NC is starting to feel less like a game now, and more of a way of life. Hmmm.

Day two NC (i broke it two days ago), otherwise it would be day 7....

Got assaulted yesterday and automatically wanted to call him.... i didn't...that was hard, i wanted someone to hold me to make me feel safe...

Think we're both invited to a party on 31st (more my friend than his but told my friend to invite him anyway)... i can deal with it....

NC is more for me than him...... easier to get used to not having him on the phone anytime, or living 10 mins walk from him....

i think i might get there, but i don't want to give up on him

Restart the clock...

I returned my ex's call this morning. My voice was a little nervous, but so was hers. She had left a message wanting to make sure I was OK after the breakup. I told her I was doing well, that my mother was coming out to visit this weekend, and that I was going on a road trip next week. Asked her how she was doing, and that was it. The conversation was akward, but friendly. She always seems to remain friends with her exes; maybe that will make NC particularly effective in her case.

Won't call her again until her birthday, which is over 5 weeks away. I felt good looking at personal ads and writing to a few potential dates, but it's still hard. I still really care for my ex, and want to get back together some day.

I haven't really been counting, I guess since... a month? It's been really hard for me to not look at his facebook. I learned the lesson the hard way 5 weeks ago. Saw pictures of him with other girls. Made me realize he's moved on and stopped caring about me. Gosh. Why am I left behind?

NC day 9 i think? Anyways, i thought of her a bit too much again today. I'm waiting for her to contact me. If she doesn't o well. I'm gonna go on a trip today for the whole weekend. It'll be lots of fun and my mind will be off her for sure lol Beat one addiction with another i say.