I have stretch marks all down my lower back from when I had a major growth spurt (I'm almost 6' now) and I've always been self-conscious about them. I've hated wearing swim suits since middle school because of all the lines up and down my back. I've been using my Retin-A acne cream because I've heard it helps, but I've been frustrated for years! Does anyone have any other good remedies for helping stretch marks fade?

Thanks for any help, everybody.

I have stretch marks all down my lower back from when I had a major growth spurt (I'm almost 6' now) and I've always been self-conscious about them. I've hated wearing swim suits since middle school because of all the lines up and down my back. I've been using my Retin-A acne cream because I've heard it helps, but I've been frustrated for years! Does anyone have any other good remedies for helping stretch marks fade?

Thanks for any help, everybody.

They won't go away, so either accept them or accept the fact that you'll spend a lot of money to make them less noticeable.

I think you should take a look at some erotic photography, and notice that every model has stretch marks and celulitis, all of them have it to some extent. Stop thinking of the pictures at cosmo, that are more photoshop work than actual pictures.

Beauty doesn't equal perfection, didn't you know that? (And who even knwos what is perfect? I bet you, the concept of perfect woman for a guy from Argentina will be quite different from that of a guy from Norway)

stretch marks fade with time. however if you'e the only one out of your whole family that has stretch marks, keep that in mind and make sure your skin moisturized with heavy creams. drinking lots of water is good and so is eating olive oil when you can.

PURE vitamin E oil is the God of beauty.

Ok, it won't make them disappear. It does help though. I noticed a big improvement with a strict regime 3 times a day on my stretch marks and for the wee wrinkles and scars I've accumulated in living the good life.

The added bonus is - it is really good for your skin. And just putting that time and effort into caring for one's body is a boost in itself. Massaging and looking at your beautiful self that often, it connects you to your body and skin. For me, it really helped me bring a sense of peace about my 'imperfections'.

You might need a friend or lover to help you - and that could be really cool.

I think of it similiar to exercising. Often a person starts with a desperation to lose weight or some other short term goal, but if they really let them selves go with it and want to, they can turn their focus on health and well-being for the long term. It almost seems like magic: cause even when you aren't losing any pounds or making any big gains, it still feels fantastic just to do it.

'Cause you are taking care of yourself and learning to love who ya are.

That's the aim.

peace.

p.s. If you have the dough, there are fantastic options in laser and cosmetics right now. It might be good to weigh just how much it bothers you and how big a priority changing it would be. How much would it actually improve your life?

I'm not sure whether any of the ridiculously expensive products out there really work. Time sure does work though!

My boyfriend has the same marks you have I think, horizontal lines all the way up his back on either side of his spine, and I think they look great!

I have vertical ones on my hips from when they (my hips, I mean) developed quite suddenly. I'd prefer that they weren't there, but they are, and they are simply part of me... this has to be the first time in years I've even thought of them.