The best social commentary of a couple years ago?

Well, I've seen "the 40 year old virgin" twice... and I must say it's great. It really grew on me. Not because I like to laugh at others miseries, but (probably unknowingly) this film shows everything wrong with America. All in one picture. I guess it may just be the fact that I can relate with the main character on so many different levels, but can anyone else relate?

If you haven't seen it, or hated it, I recommend looking at it in a different light (like I did)...

Just a thought.

i watched it on dvd.. while I figure the language could be a bit cleaner but I guess amongst guys they talk like that.. it was a good movie. It did point out what is wrong with the accepted mainstream ideal and poked fun at it in a good way. There were a few moments I cringed but overall I was laughing with the movie.

i watched it on dvd.. while I figure the language could be a bit cleaner but I guess amongst guys they talk like that.. it was a good movie. It did point out what is wrong with the accepted mainstream ideal and poked fun at it in a good way. There were a few moments I cringed but overall I was laughing with the movie.

Yeah, men talk like that alot when not in the presense of any women. I liked how it presented its message in kind of a south park-esque way... sometimes I felt "mm... should i REALLY be laughing at this?" because it's so damn true.

Whoever wrote that film must've been a virgin for a long time... or made fun and stereotyped them back in hell school... er high school.