How to spot men that are materialistic?

Im not sure if this is the right forum, but I hope so.

I am just lonesome and hoping to find someone soon but I am not worried about that because I am not looking. I believe when you are not looking, he will find you. That has happened a couple times.

Anyway four months ago I was dumped by guy mostly because he thinks I wasn't a great kisser.

I also found a hidden reason, after he dumped me, he updated his profile to say "NO CONDOS, NO APARTMENTS, NO TOWNHOUSES, NO DUPLEXS, MUST HAVE A HOUSE.", and also a woman must have a good car! I own a condominium, and I also own a pretty new car (2003) He owns a house himself but wants to sell it and move in with a woman (he did ask me if he could move in with me.. i was taken aback.. said it was too soon) ...

and i re-read all the emails we exchanged prior to meeting.. (we dated only two weeks but it was intense one)... that I overlooked the red flags ](*,) such as on his 2nd email to me asking me if I owned a house or is it an apartment .. I answered "I just bought a home 7 months ago".. never mentioned it was a condo until later... he asked me about my credit, if I had a big screen tv, etc etc etc... asked me how I can afford all the trips I took (I took 4 trips this 2006) ... etc... I was so stupid to overlook it..

Now do you think he was too materialistic?

Thanks..

YES, he does sound materialistic, and abit of an. Sorry but who cares what you drive, where you live, what kind of credit you have. You want someone who will be with you, even if you have nothing. You sound like a wonderful person, you deserve soooooooo much better than this guy.

More to the point he was rude and tactless - and perhaps mentally unstable- worse than being materialistic!

The early dates are a good opportunity to see how he handles and thinks about money. Is he generous even if all you do is meet for coffee- i.e. does he ask if you want something other than coffee, does he complain about the price of the coffee or prices of things in general? Does he tell stories about women who have dated him just for his money, or who were materialistic? (sign of cheapness, not materialism but all under the general category of "money."