Dating a guy on the rebound

so i started dating this guy. he just got out of a 1 year relationship about a month ago. he's still very heart broken and still loves his ex. so i'm his rebound chick. and i'm ok w/it. i'm really not looking for anything serious rite now but i like him. i was wondering, wat happens when he's finally over his ex. does that mean he's over me too and wont want to date me anymore?

For it to be a true rebound, he will have to develop real feelings for you at some point. There has to be an emotional investment on his part, so watch for talks of a future together or pushing for things to get serious way too fast.

Once he realizes that he doesn't really have those feelings for you (which can take a long time) he will start to pull away and be distant.

I wouldn't date him. if he still loves her and is heartbroken, you probably won't be more than a bandaid. What happens is a lot of times, someone will date someone new to 'move on'. But once they get over their ex, they may leave you behind because their need for a bandaid is gone. it doesn't mean you are the girl he will stick with. the definition of a rebound.

I would tell him gently that i'm not closing any doors, but think we should be apart for a few months, until he is over his ex, and then he can give you a call again.

but that's just me.