Emotional connections

BigSurge

I don't think I'm the only shy guy this has happened to. Okay, so, you meet a girl, probably through mutual friends. You feel immediately attracted to her, but, of course, you say nothing because you're just too shy. Over time you become good friends, and the opportunity to become anything more has passed as she has assumed you are not interested. She begins to confide in you all those little personal details and problems she feels she can't tell anyone else. So now you're in the friendzone. Of course, this show of trust and emotional openness only deepens your romantic feelings for her, but you know it's too late because most girls wouldn't want someone they are dating to now how vulnerable they really feel. Do you think it's possible for a guy to have a deep emotional connection with a girl without having a romantic one? I know for me those connections always come hand in hand, I'm just curious about other people. I would guess its easier for girls to have emotional connections with no romantic feelings.