Fetal movements, how often?

scarew

Go take a hot bath and lay there for a while. REad a book or listen to the radio. Concentrate on relaxing. This always seems to get my little one moving.

If that doesnt work then you need to call your doctor. They will know better than we would. One of the signs to watch for is lack of movement. How far along are you again? About four months right? So you should be feeling the baby move.

I posted about that same thing around 20 weeks or so. But it is definently normal.

However we can tell you all day and it won't make you feel better until you feel another stomach jab.

Call your doctor if it makes you feel better, but I'm sure everything is going a-okay.

Isn't it crazy that they haven't even taken their first breath and we're already terribly worried about them?

It is typical for first time moms to begin to feel the baby moving at between 16-20 weeks, and earlier with susequent pregnancies.

Obviously there are some exceptions, but it is not unusual that you do not regularly feel the baby moving at 15-16 weeks, and does not mean he isn't moving.

Of course, if you are worried, Sarah, it's OK to call your OB and just talk to them about it.

as everyone else has said you're only 15 weeks I wouldnt worry too much about not feeling him boxingg with your insides right now.

Southerngirl, i'd be careful taking Hot baths I was warned against them when I was pregnant because it can raise your body temp to a dangerous level in turn harming the baby.

Scarew the best way to feel your baby moving this early is right after eating a good meal lay flat down on your back it never failed when both of my SIL's and I were pregnant that was the one way we always felt the babies move.

And of course, if at anytime you need something to calm your fears call your Doctor, thats what they get paid for after all, LOL. Congrats !!

Our latest little guy started doing this about this age. Hard kicks for his age. He never stopped ... and now he's over a year old ... never stops moving unless he is sound asleep!!! (Not even when he's breastfeeding)

Glad you're relieved. Fruit juice always inspired extra energy in our little guy.

Oh Im so glad you felt the baby move you must be very relieved!!

a

Southerngirl, i'd be careful taking Hot baths I was warned against them when I was pregnant because it can raise your body temp to a dangerous level in turn harming the baby.

Just wanted to reply to this. I have taken hot baths with all my kids. Not hot enough to scald me... and of course if I felt uncomfortable I would get out. What my doc did say was that it can increase risk of infection as the bath water gets up in your bits, but normally speaking it is okay. Its never caused me to have an infection though LOL...

A big awkward tummy, aching bones and joints, swollen ankles … it’s hard to get comfortable when you are expecting! It seems unfair to think that, on top of all the aches and pains, you can’t even take a hot bath. Many people believe that pregnant women should avoid hot baths because of the potential harm they can cause to an unborn child.

While it is true that hot water can cause problems in a pregnancy, there is nothing wrong with taking a warm bath. It can help to relax your aching muscles and rest your tired, swollen feet. A warm bath is a welcome treat for any weary mom or mom-to-be. Once your water breaks you should not take a bath of any kind. Before that point, you can enjoy as much bathing as you would like, as long as the water temperatures do not exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Some would call 100 degrees a hot bath! So kick your feet up, lay back and relax … you deserve it!

link removed

Ive always felt the baby's bath water with my elbow, and if it feels hot on my elbow its safe to say that its too hot for junior. It should feel warm but not hot and the elbow is a good gage as usually its sensitive to temp.

No, I dont measure the temperature of my bathwater and lately I have been taking a hot bath every night. its very relaxing considering my muscles ache and back aches and I would bet even my toes ache. Well, not down to my toes but sure feels good saying so!

I'm almost 19 weeks and i still haven't felt my baby move

I didn't think you could feel your baby move as early as you have, are you sure it wasn't gas?

if you are really worried i would call your doctor/midwife just to be on the safe side

If everything is going good, that baby is moving already. Although, with your first pregnancy it is not uncommon to not feel it until later. You could already feel it and not really know what your feeling.

That said, another person could feel it faster. EAch pregnancy is different.

First movements to me almost felt like gas bubbles or popcorn popping. The baby is moving and kicking around in there long before he/she is big enough for us moms to notice it though

I'm almost 19 weeks and i still haven't felt my baby move

I didn't think you could feel your baby move as early as you have, are you sure it wasn't gas?

if you are really worried i would call your doctor/midwife just to be on the safe side

I'm absolutely positive I began to feel the baby move between weeks 18 and 19. The baby hasn't stopped moving since. I feel her all the time now and the difference for me between the sensation of gas and fetal movement was location. The baby made sensations right under my muscle layer in my abdomen whereas gas sort of feels deeper to me.

I always used to get nervous when my children stopped moving. It is a little early to feel regular movements at certain tilmes or for baby to develope a wake/sleeping pattern. But if your worried don't wait too long before calling or seeing your doctor. Its better to be safe than sorry, and when it comes down to it, isn't it worth it?

I worked in the maternity ward for years and there would be very sad cases of women who stopped feeling their baby's move but not want to seem paranoid or just took someones advice to not be seen and ended up giving birth to a still born.

I'm not saying this to scare you, just be careful and like i said, better to be safe than sorry! Good luck to you and your baby! do you know what your having yet? Do you want to know or prefer a surprise?