Am I addicted to worrying?

I'm asking this because it's like when something good comes along in my life, I always worry about everything. Take for instance if I meet a new man, I worry so much about the fear of him hurting me that I start grieving and panicing when there is no need to. I've been hurt a lot in my life, especially by men that now I can't just enjoy living in the moment and enjoy being happy, but then if I am alone I complain about wanting to meet someone so bad, then when I meet him im scared, so scared that I go into panic

I've gone to counseling, tried all of the medications and they don't work. I don't have this panic until I start having feeling's for someone

Hi there,

I used to worry an awful lot, and suffered from a condition I christened NSA (non specific anxiety)! What helped me was to keep a page in my diary, and every time I had a worry, I would write down what it was, what I was going to do about it, and then record what happened. And after about six months, I realised that none of my fears came to pass - and if they had done, I had a strategy in place for what I was going to do. This REALLY helped me a lot, to realise that when written down ALL of my fears were in fact groundless. It gave me a real sense of perspective.

Sorry, I don't know if this is much help - but I do know what it's like to have needless fears. It really stops you from living your life if you are forever in the 'what if' way of thinking.

Good luck - keep talking, it helps to get other people's perspectives as well.

Cheers!

Thank you all so much for your advice, I will definitely check out the book because I am in love right now and with someone whom I was engaged to before. He and I went through a lot, hurt one another, but we were both young (both 21 at the time) and have reunited, now 34 years of age, but in the midst of our breakup, I grieved a lot over him. The relationship was long distance because he was in the service and it caused a great deal of problems, after the breakup, he got married, and is now divoced, out of the service, and the love is still there between the two of us.

I just worry so much that it's ridiculous, as if my body is addicted to the adrenalin. I use to worry about my mother like that, worrying about something happening to her. Worrying about things I cannot control is the thing that drives me up a wall.

My usual facial feature ---------> lol

Well, honey, if it's an addiction, you're surely not the only addict. I, too, am struggling with the same problem. I cannot seem to let go of the past and embrace my future. I've been hurt pretty badly (divorce, then cheated on by a long-time boyfriend). Now I have someone in my life who truly cares about me, and tries his best to show it. But I'm so apprehensive about opening myself up to him that I'm about to ruin it...

Well, honey, if it's an addiction, you're surely not the only addict. I, too, am struggling with the same problem. I cannot seem to let go of the past and embrace my future. I've been hurt pretty badly (divorce, then cheated on by a long-time boyfriend). Now I have someone in my life who truly cares about me, and tries his best to show it. But I'm so apprehensive about opening myself up to him that I'm about to ruin it...

I know the feeling, I try to look at it as staying low so if you get thrown down there it won't such a hard fall, but it is regardless. It's like you are expecting doom all the time. This is so not the way to live, but I can't help it

I'm learning though