Here we go again...

The ex did it again last week, it's been a couple of months since we split for the second time and I haven't spoken to her since then. She stopped me in the corridor to tell me that she still loves me, I just laughed and shook my head then we talked for a bit just about how our respective families were, nothing deep.

She then emailed me and I emailed back, since then her responses to my emails have slowed down and I don't know what to think. I'm kind of thinking she's playing some power game to see if I'm still available, to see if I still bite but it's very hard not to just confront her about this. I don't want to be the needy one anymore though, so perhaps the best plan is to keep quiet and not do anything. mmm

Thanks for that mate, I've been reading your posts also and I want to reassure you that the hard times you're experiencing are transient. There are always plenty of stumbling blocks about and bad days can seem to come thick and fast but you find a way through it and eventually you get out the other side. Unfortunately for me my ex is making a habit of waiting for me each time I get through, I guess eventually she'll have hurt me enough that I just won't love her anymore and so will be able to pass right past her.

Its strange how I craved for contact for so long when we were apart but only now am I seeing that the time when we are communicating just brings more heartache and turmoil, what I craved was things to go back to how they were but can things ever be the same? I can't see how any future relatonship with her could ever live up to the amazingly over-produced, soft-focused ultimate love story that our original relationship miraculously warped into after she dumped me. I suppose it's time to wake up to reality and stop second-guessing what she wants - let her have her games and when she realises they don't work then she can face the personal growth "opportunity" that she forced upon me.

I do still love her though *slaps himself round the head* ](*,)

Well put hpsowce,

It looks like you are well aware of whats going on, unfortunately for all of us, knowing what happened/why it happened, and what we need to do, somtimes just isnt enough. Only when its combined with time do we start feeling the healing taken place.

Anyay - Hang in there my friend

John