Should I send back the stack of letters and other items given to me by her. Pictures, etc. My sorry self gathered it all up and want to send them back. Would that be vindictive?

It's beginning to happen....acceptance. It's going to be a fun next few weeks.......

I'm afraid I'll regret getting rid of the things, but I would like to "send a message".

Now I'm beginning to wait on a few days of NC before I send back "gifts".

It should be against the law to break up around the holidays!

I freaking woke up in the middle of the night.and boom! Memories and thoughts are there to greet instantly. wide awake now and have just gathered things up.

I'm sad.

That's the ultimate "ouch"... I don't really see it ending well, and you'll probably wish you still had pictures of you two when you finally do get over her. I've done both, and it's best to keep them in a box at the top of your closet where you won't have to see them until you're completely over her.

Yep, what they said.

Hide them away along with any phone numbers, addresses, email adresses and anything else that reminds you of her. Don't send them back to your ex, that's pretty childish.

Send back anthing you have of hers that wasn't a gift though.

Yep...i agree with everyone....dont give them back. I just made that mistake and it backfired big time. The ex had a go at me and said she didnt want them, and if I didnt want them then throw them out.

Now Im not sure whether to put them in a box or throw them out, but reading other ppls posts i might box them and try and forget they exist for a while.

I agree sending them back is childish. Oh, don't get me wrong, I thought about it too.

I am just stating that it will do more harm than good and make you appear like an impetuous child. Don't do it. You will be very angry with yourself, when you no longer have those items. They still mean something to you and you know this. You are just hurting.

Take care.