Celebrating anniversaries

my b/f and i celebrate and gift if we can financially take the loss. we're both students and only work part time. last month (10 months for us) he told me we were going out to a fancy dinner and to get really dressed up, so i did, and when i got to his house he made me a wonderful, romantic, candle-lit dinner with all my fav foods and deserts. this month, i'm taking him to a tiny little restaurant that's right on the water and then to go look at the hugeee christimas tree and lights thats right by it.

We celebrate everything. I mean EVERYTHING. We send cards. But we don't always buy gifts. We celebrated our first couple of month anniversaries, then the six month anniversary, the one year anniversary of our first kiss, everything, but we don't celebrate every month now that's it's been over a year.

I think actually celebrating each and every month is too much like "yeah, we made it another month!" and not so much like a year (anniversary definition: YEARLY. Not MONTHLY) where you can reflect back with eachother and celebrate being together for that year. Plus I'd think every month buying gifts and going out for it would get old fast. I've always just acknowledged it; it seems more like you want to mention it within the first couple of years but then after that it really turns into the years you give the most thought to of course.

me and my girlfriend do celebrate anniversaries monthly. the novelty has worn off a bit in the past 11 months. so anymore we may get cards or go out to eat at a non-fancy inexpensive restaurant or something. nothing really that big anymore. we have our 1 year coming up, so that's going to be one we deffinatly celebrate big

Oh boy, i feel like a bad girlfriend. We don't even have an "anniversary". I don't know, it seems kind of... hmmm... like how xmrth said it "yay we made it another month".

I can see celebrating wedding anniversaries, but every minor step in the relationship... kind of seems like overkill to me.

While we are both aware of the day we met, we don't celebrate monthly. I think that when you are much younger, it is more frequent to do this, as "long term" tends to mean something different than when you are older. I can see doing the 6 month thing, but not every single month-thing!

I feel in a weird way too it does kinda of make a statement that "I guess we better celebrate months as we won't have years!" or it almost makes the relationship seem more "immature" though those are just my personal opinions and certainly not reflective of what other couples may choose to do.

We acknowledge our happiness about being together every day in our own little ways, but celebrating every month just does seem very...not us!

We say happy x month anniversary, but don't celebrate. Well we're in an LDR so we can't, but we've been together on two of the month anniversaries. One of them we did go out to a nice dinner for, but I think it was out of more excitement that we were actually together, and we would have gone out to the dinner anyway.

I think it's typical to celebrate the 6 month and yearly, while acknowledging the monthly ones during the first year.

6 month we didn't do anything big for, I still see that as "Holy crap I can't believe we held this jalopy together for 6 months!" For the 1 year it was big, and damned good. Went to see a fancy play, had a meal in a fancy restaraunt after everyone else had left so it was just us, went back to a hotel room where I laid out rose petals from the door to the bed, laid some out in a heart shape on the bed with the gift I got her in the middle, candles all over, some champagne on ice, it was a good night. If it's worth celebrating, it's worth doing something big for. We were out at her work Christmas party and I poked her at 8:30 and said "A year ago to the minute I was at your house to pick you up to go on our first date" and I handed her a little box of chocolates like what I gave her on that day. I like small things like that, but celebrating every month seems a little juvenile.