Your thoughts on this one!?

i think when people are apart and not communicating they feel trust will be a difficult thing to get back and it really isn't. for example, in the case you stated, if you are sort of going steady, and are sort of testing things, that is not only confusing and wrong - it really isn't that hard to figure out. if u like this person [gosh, if u love this person] at some point you have to step up and show some confidence in the other person. you don't earn trust by testing someone. i hear people say all the time that someone must 'prove' their worth in order to have them 'consider' reconnecting, well, sorry, but i would rather have someone that believes in me and can show guts and commitment instead of the other way which is really self defeating and a relationship killer. people sit in the fence for far too long and life is too short to play games or to wait for the resuts of tests. we only have one life, grab the opportunities while they are visible or lead a life of doubt. the only risk in life is staying on the negative side - nothing good ever comes of that. hope that helps.

Well the night ended a little differently from what I was expecting

I didn't end up going out, he text me and said he was tired and wasn't far off going home, he ended up at a mates and stayed there the night after a few beverages - so yeah I had nothing to worry about it ended up being a blokes night anyway!

He came and visited and stayed Sat night, we didn't talk about it, I thought to myself that it is me that has the whole trust issue thing and im the one that has to work on myself, making myself believe in myself and him. He ended up bringing the night before up and told me what he did and who was there, I really dont know why I worry so much... !!! LOL!

Anyway, im working on myself and will get through it all fine. We get along so well and he keeps doing little things that im really noticing, like making breakfast, helping me with a few things around the house. As they say actions speak louder than words.. im noticing him again, realising he is his own person and I can't and don't want to change that, he is the one wanting to make things work, I am too and I dont want to rush it.. Its so hard not to rush things, but that was our problem right from the very start (5 years ago).

Sorry for my blabbering, but it feels so much better to write (or type) these things..

We will get there, it will take time, but I know we can do it... these things take time

I wasn't sure a few weeks back if I did really love him, after everything? But I think this just prooves I do, I can't get him out of my head.

Possibly also I am a little more emotional/worried than usual as I am waiting on test results as follow up from surgery to remove a tumour 3 months ago.. so yeah that is kinda playing on my mind a bit and just making everything else seem much worse than what it is..

Thanks for listening, think im done with my blabbering

Cheers!

Hey come back anytime, so many of us have these times of doubt and need to share/vent/think it out, it's normal. If you have other stressors as well no wonder you have been questioning things.

Glad it seems to be working out and I hope the test results are clear.

Thanks Caro

Just done with blabbering today I think!

Nah you wont be getting rid of me that easily, I think I will be coming here a fair bit to share my thoughts and ask for advice on this whole 'getting back together' thing !

It is hard, but I coped and got over the breakup quicker than I ever imagined, got over the whole being jealous of him while we were apart thing fairly quickly also, I know I can work on this little thing,lol ! I know I will get there its just hard at the moment. I think to myself, why am I doing it and putting myself through it, because I know in the end it will all work out.. I let him go and he came back... so that must be a sign that we are meant to be together