How do you know when your in love?

Some people say "you just know" which in my opinion is bull crap, because infatuation can mimic love BIG TIME! sure you can say..."you know you're in love when you want to spend the rest of your life with that person" but you can also think that with infatuation too. I think you can fall in love more than once for sure! I've been. There are different kinds of love and different levels of love also, which make it tricky. I don't know what to tell ya, I guess I'd say you know it's the real thing when it withstands trials and the test of time. True love lasts and doesn't fade away.

love grows with time. true love wont set in for a couple years (2-3) around then you will have a better idea weather you love them or not.

Thats not true, love can be at first site, love can take a few days, love doesnt take long at all.

As for how do you know? You just feel so much differnet about the person, just listn to you heart and say when you know

Thats not true, love can be at first site, love can take a few days, love doesnt take long at all.

As for how do you know? You just feel so much differnet about the person, just listn to you heart and say when you know

I don't think it takes years, but I also don't think it can be at first sight. That makes no sense, to love someone you have to KNOW them. You can't know them at first glance. You be attratced, lusted or have great chemistry, but love needs some time to develope or else what are you loving about them???

love grows over time YESSS!!!!!!!!~ And mind you, love at first sight is a figment of your imagination. To love is to accept one with and for their beauty and flaws. To love (if you wanna call it that) at first sight is only limited to their outlook to which you find appealing, so thereforeeee, technically is mere infatuation

I'm still looking for the meaning, but anyways ok so I was texting to my girlfriend today and I had a gut feelings witch mine is like 90% ALWAYS right. And I texted her saying:

I'm sorry but I wanted to know, Do you think I'm clingy?

her: I hate to say it but yeah just a tad bit.

Ok so I text her back saying, I'm sorry thats how i am I can't help it. If you feel that I am. Just tell me you need some space, and I'll understand.

But I was wondering how do you know when your clingy?

I wanna lurn to stop. I mean right now this girl is my EVERYTHING its been 5 days today =] since we been dating i'm so happy i'm with her, shes like no other girl i have been with, shes one of a kind.

If you feel like that about her I'd say you're in love.

The symptoms are you can't eat because you already feel full. You lose weight for no reason at all. You can't sleep because you think about the person all the time and then eventually when you do fall asleep all you do is dream about them. You talk about that person to your family and friends all the time and you don't realise you're doing it. You can't wait to see or talk to them again. You buy them presents to make them feel special, plus you want to see the expression on their face when they open it.

I'd known my first husband for 10 years as a friend before we started dating. Eventually we got married.

I fell in love with my second husband at first site. I felt like someone had hit me with a hammer and all he'd done is walk into the room and glanced over at me. He admitted that he felt the same when he looked at me.

I'm getting married next year to my beautiful fiancee. We started to talk online and then eventually I phoned her. We both realised we had strong feelings for each other. Eventually we saw each other on webcam. I admitted to her that I was starting to fall in love and she admitted the same. It wasn't easy for us because she lives in Australia and I live in England. I proposed to her over the phone and in February this year I went to stay with her and proposed on bended knee with a diamond ring.

The love for my fiancee is totally different to the way I loved my husbands. It's different to the infatuations I had on the 3 straight women I admitted my feelings to. (I've never been so embarrassed in my whole life!) Our love is on a deeper, spiritual level. We even know telepathically when the other one is upset, stressed out, etc.

We could understand that if we weren't far away from each other, but on the other side of the world?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, my girlfriend I was talking about she like broke up with me on the sixth day =[

I like really, really card about her ALOT. I mean I would litterly jump in frount of a bullet for her (how many people can you honestly say would do that for you?)

I was litterly torn apart, I mean I put all my feelings into her and I feel like I searesly gave her my heart trusting her not to brake it. And she knew I trusted her not to hurt me, I even told her that. She broke up with me saying on a text something like this "I'm sorry but your gonna hate me, I wanna brake up' "I have alot of comfusing things going on right now" " And I'm a lustful person I would have ended up cheating on you sooner or later" (I even asked her before any of this if she would ever lie to me, and if she would ever cheat on me, You know how bad that hurt to actuly know that?) ect... It really hurt me. And I hope to god she knows she like broke my heart BIG TIME! I'm never gonna give someone my heart that fast ever again. Maybe after 6 months. Its just grr I would love to have a second chance and * * * *. So my bestfriend Sara is helping me threw this to get over her, I wanna get over her and at the sametime I just don't. I mean I actuly really cared about my ex more then she will ever know. I feel like such an idot =[

I knew I loved my ex within the first few days, and it remained constant the entire time continuing to the present.

For me, love was when I realised that I would give my life to protect the other person. I'm usually a very self-indulgent person, so for me I can easily tell when I am in love based on how important they are in my life.

yea, I now know what its like to actuly be in love, I can searesly say I was in love with her I know the feeling and it felt soooooooo good. But she broke up with me and broke my heart sooo bad =[

How can you even KNOW someone in five days, let alone love them? I know your feelings were really intense, but you're fifteen years old. I went through the same thing, and I promise you're going to hit an age where you realize you never really knew her and all this energy you're using up pining over her isn't worth it.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you and the 16 year old who responded to your post with "love doesn't take years!" are both still just kids. You guys don't even know how to spell yet. You're definitely not old enough for serious relationships, and you're not old enough to understand what real love is.

Real love is when you know everything about someone and you still want to wake up next to them every morning. If you've been together for years and you still want to know how her day was, and you send her flowers at work when she's having a bad day, when you do the dishes even though you HATE doing dishes, because a clean kitchen makes her happy. Love is all the little things you do for each other. She leaves for work before I even wake up in the morning, and she always pulls the blankets up over me and kisses me goodbye. THAT is love.