Biting of lips espeically lower.

RedPenguin

What is with the sucking of the lower lip for a girl? I read some online it can be for lying and/or a sign that a girl/guy wants more of you.

The reason I ask is, it's like I see it everywhere now. I used to never really see it, now it's like every time I look at a girl or something, it's like they almost all suck their bottom lip in. Not saying I am obsessed with it or something, but I just find it odd that like almost every girl I look at or see suck her bottom lip in.

Is this some kind of international code? LoL. It's odd that so many girls would do it. It's not like other body language, where it's almost different with every single girl.

Here is a pic, link removed

I don't mean link removed

Now my question is, if in fact, this biting of the lips would be an nervous, shy, or flirtatious sign, would a girl actually get nervous or nervous around a guy they don't like? Also, can a girl literally hate a guy to the point where she doesn't wanna see them and then all the sudden, a year or two later, when they haven't seen each other for a while, end up liking him somewhat?

For example, I heard this one girl say to someone else that I was "kinda ugly". Now, I don't care what other people say. She always seemed to not like me at all. Now after not seeing her for a year or two, she sudden, seems to act nice around me, and sees to constantly stare. People don't stare at people they find ugly normally do they?

Yeah I guess in a way. I am not saying 100% for sure I think she likes me, but I am just curious as to why someone would do such a thing.

Why would you look at something constantly that you find unattractive? I mean, when I see a girl who is not attractive at all to me, I really don't want to constantly look at her, like I would a girl I find amazingly attractive.

Yeah, I see what you guys mean. That makes sense, because most body language I have ever seen is more different to each person.

But this biting of the lip thing is becoming weird. My 12th grade of High School, it was like every girl I passed in the hallway did it, then in college, I didn't really notice it, now when I walk through stores like Walmart and the mall, it's happening all over again. I just don't see why everyone or so many people would do the same thing for no apparent reason. And I don't mean girls hanging out together, girls at random.

I never really thought about it but I do it ALL the time.

When I'm feeling shy or nervous.

When I'm thinking hard about something.

If I'm looking at a guy I like I know I do it, then it goes from biting my lips to a smile if he looks at me.

I don't think I do it much around friends or guys I don't like. That's just me though, doesn't mean every girl that bites her lip around you likes you or doesn't like you if she does it.

I guess it's a way of naturally reddening the lower lip and drawing attention to your lips- maybe making him think of kissing you or think of another set of lips.

Or maybe not I've been studying for an AP Psych test this morning don't mind my crazy interpretations.

It's weird though I never really thought about my doing it. When I do bite my lip though people tend to compliment my teeth or lips (as in color and size) so maybe that's why I do it? Hmmm....now I'll feel weird all the time when I do it thanks a lot!

haha, just kidding....you're really observant RedPenguin.

Sorry guys and ladies. I think maybe I said the wrong thing. When I said lower lip biting I thought I had the right thing but I think I maybe have the wrong thing. It looks like their is lower lip biting but also sucking in the lower lip. Sucking in the lower lip is more of what I mean. It doesn't appear to really be a bite.

I know I meant this with teen girls but the only pic I could find of what I mean is a baby.

link removed

Is the pic that I showed earlier, is that what they called Pursed Lips? Or is that a little different? I am just curious. See I don't think because pursed means in a round shape, and pulling in the bottom lip doesn't make a round shape to me.

I think that's when you keep them tight together. What a mom does when she's upset and giving you the cold shoulder.

Or maybe you mean puckered lips- where you stick them out like you're going to "smooch" someone.

And I suck in my lower lip too...how could you confuse that with biting? haha...you're a funny one...

I think that's when you keep them tight together. What a mom does when she's upset and giving you the cold shoulder.

Or maybe you mean puckered lips- where you stick them out like you're going to "smooch" someone.

And I suck in my lower lip too...how could you confuse that with biting? haha...you're a funny one...

Oh, I wonder why I see it all the time than. It must be a habit in my city. It always seems to happen when I look at the girl. Maybe I make a lot of girls upset, angry, or wanna hold back a lie who knows lol.