I sometimes am bad at returning calls or thanking for a gift. I always seem to say it to myself while the person isn't there, and almost tell myself that its ok.

So maybe a call to have a normal convo could work... maybe he/she was embarrassed and doesn't know how to react.

-ForAnother

I guess you may as well call to make sure she got it. I know that I have sent gifts and the postal service said that the package was dropped off, but when I called, it turned out they hadn't gotten it, or it was given to a neighbor. I sent my cousin a CD, and the folks in the mailroom in the basebent of her complex lost it, and they found it 5 months later!!! so, it is possible she didn't get it.

I'm afraid to say, that I, too, have experienced this. This one friend USED to say thank you, be it a thank you note, a paragraph in a letter, an email or a text message. I didn't care, just so long as some acknowledgement came. But, once she moved in with her new fella, she just stopped saying thank you. I'd end up texting her a few days later asking if it had arrived safely (we lived over 100 miles apart). Mostly, she'd ignore the text message. Very rarely, she'd say, "Oh yes, it has thanks," which sounded more like 'thanks for asking' rather than 'thanks for the gift'. Yes, unfortunately, it became a habit and because of other things (not this), we're no longer friends. It's really sad.