Seriously thinking about...

having a sex change. I'm a teenage girl, and right now, I'm hating every minute of it. I seem to be attracted to gay men more often than not. I find myself hating the person staring back at me in the mirror...my breasts, especially. Not a certain thing, just the fact that they're there, and I don't want them. I don't feel right as a girl. I've been thinking about this for roughly a month, and the more I do, the more I think it could really work. Could I have your opinions please?

I'm attracted to both, though I lean more towards men. I'm not sure why gay men, honestly. I guess they just seem a lot more open and caring and sensitive than straight men. (No offence guys)

And it seems all the straight guys I fall for are so out of my league it's not even funny. I'm really sick of it.

I don't agree with the whole process to begin with, on moral grounds, so I'm not going to touch on that. But what about this. You say you are a teenage girl? How are you gonna pay for this? I'm positive insurance (if you have any) doesn't cover this. I'm sure its an expensive process, and if by some miracle you can get it done, it certainly won't be tomorrow.

eventhough I am not an expert in the topic, I think you should wait until so time has passed since you are still young. Try dating both men and women to see what you are most intrested in. Also think that maybe gay men may not be interested in a girl-turned-boy and that may cause a bigger problem if you do go for that sex change.

I say you give it some thought to see how your "feelings" evolve. You might even see that in the future you might like to be exactly who you are.

Is it obly your breast you don't like? Do you think you would be "happier" having a penis instead? if so , why?

Yes, it is possible to change one's outside look so they are percieved as a different sex, including genitals. I really don't feel I was born in the right body. I don't really know how to explain it...it's just a feeling. It's been weighing on me for a while, and I think it's beggining to make me depressed.

Yes, it is possible to change one's outside look so they are percieved as a different sex, including genitals. I really don't feel I was born in the right body. I don't really know how to explain it...it's just a feeling. It's been weighing on me for a while, and I think it's beggining to make me depressed.

Traveler,

I know what you are going through. As a teen I too wanted to have a sex change. I hated my body with a passion, so badly that I was abusing it.

You really need to get into therapy. You would have to do that anyway even should you decide that is what you want to do.

I hate my breasts and used to wish they were gone, but as I got older I came to be satisfied with what I was given.

I was Bi growing up liking everyone and I too, always seemed to be attracted to gay men. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is SOOOOO confusing.

You should talk to your parents about seeking out a therapist to discuss your options when you are older and to also talk with you about the depression.

I have been in therapy for years and only recently found someone that "gets me". It might take some time, but you can get some help with this.

Take Care

I already have a therapist, greatly because I'm abusing my body, too. I've only had one session with her, however, and that was with my mother in the room. I've decided to go back and see her. I've not yet decided whether or not to tell her these thoughts. Do you think we could talk privately?

I already have a therapist, greatly because I'm abusing my body, too. I've only had one session with her, however, and that was with my mother in the room. I've decided to go back and see her. I've not yet decided whether or not to tell her these thoughts. Do you think we could talk privately?

Yeah, we can talk privately. I just sent you a message.

You may have a gender identity disorder... I thought of this when you mentioned that you hate the sight of your breasts. This is common with women who crossdress like men; they often speak about hating their breasts (as they are an obvious signal of womanhood) and try to minimize them as much as possible.

Either way, you should really talk to your therapist about it. It seems that this is a big thing on your mind, and your therapist can't help you unless you give him/her a chance.

On that note, anyone with any moral qualms about this thread should refrain from replying.

You say you are a teenage girl? How are you gonna pay for this? I'm positive insurance (if you have any) doesn't cover this. I'm sure its an expensive process, and if by some miracle you can get it done, it certainly won't be tomorrow.

Transexuallism is considered a mental illness, the purpose being to give lefies to the patient, he or she'll know what the problem is, he/she is not alone, "providing health insurance coverage and guiding research to provide more effective future treatment."

The process is long and hard. but it's also designed so that it willtake away those who aren't transexual and are only confused. mistakes have been mande and there have been people regretting it afterwards.

eventhough I am not an expert in the topic, I think you should wait until so time has passed since you are still young. Try dating both men and women to see what you are most intrested in. Also think that maybe gay men may not be interested in a girl-turned-boy and that may cause a bigger problem if you do go for that sex change.

I understand that you'd advise to take it easy and I too don't think you should rush anything. But talk to an expert on this area and work from there. if you are transexual, the sooner the better, but if you're just unhappy about your appearance, that will come up in therapy. A girl turned boy will have some difficulties, all you need is to meet an openminded gay boy. I'm gay, My boyfriend is an FtM. I see past what's on the outside and I love him more than anything else. He's my dream guy. But, many gay men might be vain and you will have some problems.

It's impossible to change one's sex. Even if you have male organs attached to you (is this even possible? I don't know), have male hormones pumped into you etc, your chromosomes remain XX and you will always be female or at best a male-female hybrid. Do you want that?

I have to disagree, chromosomes only matter when you are being "created" it doesn't matter so much anymore besides for some desieses and other things, but it doesnät matter when it comes to gender identiry. What many don't think about is that a transexuals mind is already the sex that the body is being turned to. Many probably see traveler as a woman who wants to have a penis and flat chest. That is not the case. Traveler is a boy, born in a woman's body and in order for him to feel good and to be happy he needs to be able to do and have what every other boy has.

hormonetherapy take care of almost everything when it comes to menstration and such and traveler, should he go on with his treatment, will underfo an operation leaving him sterile, and homemone treatment will also slowly decrease firtility. He will be turned into a man, he will not be XX, but XY. That's what people see, and that's what matters.

Good luck to you traveler.

Take care.

I find it weird that you'd have those feelings all of a sudden...don't people that go through sex change wanted that all their lives ? And I don't find sexual attraction a valid reason to...sexual attraction and gender identity are two completely different things.

If inside you feel like being a girl most of the time, stay that way.

Speaking to your therapist about this is a very good idea. I thought that I wanted a sex change when I was little because I only liked girls and I liked everything boys liked. Then I found out what a lesbian was and I figured out I was just that... a lesbian.

Speak to your therapist and don't hold anything back. Just say exactly what you feel and you'll eventually figure things out. You're still young and no doctor would condone a sex change at your age so give it some time and just wait and see.

Good luck

pizachick13