For Guys: A question to you...

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to answer this, it is just that you guys puzzle me so

Anyway, my question is: Let's say you meet a girl (pretty, smart, sweet) and you become interested in her. You guys see each other in different occasions and finally you decide to call her. You guys talk on the phone everyday for about a week, and usually for about 1 to 2 hours. Finally, you guys go out and the date goes great... it seems like it can really work out.

Then one day when you guys are talking, after about 2 weeks from starting to talk to her on the phone, she lets you know she is moving to another city. Would you still pursue her in a relationship kind of way? Would you just get turn off and decide to let it go? Would you stop calling her? Would you at least try to be friends? What would you do?

Thank you for your answers, I am just puzzled by the way some guys react to this situation. I appreciate it!!

Talimee

• 1 month later...

Well now that depends on exactly where she is moving. If she is moving to another city in state- maybe 45 mins to an hour away (possibly more depending on your schedule and whether you can drive or not), then I'd definetly continue the relationship. You can still talk on the phone, see eachother on weekends, the only thing that would change is that you'd have to plan when you get together. Spontaneity wouldn't work in that situation.

Now if she was moving somewhere hours and hours away, or worse, out of state-then I would call off the relationship and just try to be friends. There's no way it could work, you'd only see eachother every few weeks at best, and frankly a relationship that exists solely on the phone is worthless. Even as friends it would be rough (especially out of state), but at least that might have a chance of working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think that even if the guy decides to continue this love relationship,it would be very hard on him mostly,as girls are more mental creatures..they can live a love story just in their minds,but guys..they r mainly physical&visual creatures..after a while she'll get closer&closer to him maybe only through just phone calls while his feelings aren't growing,because in his mind he's waiting to be really with her to show his love...that will make a huge poblem.iam saying this because i see it happening around me,in many cases..but still,this doesn't mean that all guys r like that.

• 2 weeks later...

If we care about each other and the relationship is going well, then distance isn't an issue to me. As long as she feels the same way and we are able to talk to each other (via phone, email, whatever), then I'll pursue it.

i think that even if the guy decides to continue this love relationship,it would be very hard on him mostly,as girls are more mental creatures..they can live a love story just in their minds,but guys..they r mainly physical&visual creatures..after a while she'll get closer&closer to him maybe only through just phone calls while his feelings aren't growing,because in his mind he's waiting to be really with her to show his love

All depends on the person. Men can be just as mental (like me), and women can be just as physical. The guy's feelings will grow and even surpass the girls while its possible its the girl who doesn't progress any further in her feelings. But if you really like each other, you will find a way to make it work.

• 10 months later...

I am a girl and have been in my LDR for the past 9 months. He goes to school about 6 hours away from me so we see eachother every few weekends, and during holiday breaks. When we met eachother we only had one night to really hang out. From that point until he came home for the summer (about one-and-a-half months) we talked on the phone every night for hours. Until this day we are able to STILL talk for hours, and some people even ask me how I can talk to him so much throughout the day without running out of things to say. I think communication is so important in any type of relationship. When we argue we are able to "talk" about it, instead of having sex or using other methods to pretend like it never happened. When I heard how you talked to him so much, it really reminded me about my relationship. Keep that up, and I think things can only get better, and if they don't, well there is a reason for everything.

I must say though, we know that by this fall we will be living together in the same town and possibly house, so we do have something to look forward too when things are hard. I think that is so important in an LDR.