Nightmare, please help! Really scared!

I had a really really really bad nightmare last night! I woke up in the middle of the night breathing really heavily, I started crying, and I was shaking. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest cause I couldn't breath, my heart was racing, and I was really scared. I've not had a nightmare like this before! It really really really scared me! I don't want to go to bed right now is how it scared me so bad!! Just thinking of it makes me feel sick and makes me start getting all scared and tearing up like I'm about to cry and I'm shaking too!

I don't have anything that will make me go to sleep, but I can't get myself to sleep without something because I'm afraid that I'll have that nightmare again and that really scares me! I don't know what to do! I need to go to sleep, I'm exhausted. I've spent all day at work as well as running around looking for an apartment, but the entire time I just couldn't shake the feelings. I was nervous and jumpy and felt like I was going to just break down the entire day!

I don't know what's wrong with me!!! I NEED to go to sleep!! Please, any suggestions????

do you have any Benedryl on hand?

No, I was looking for something that would make me go to sleep, but we don't have anything! No cough syrup that makes you drowsy at all or anything like that!!! I just want to sleep!

Please, just someone say something! Anything will do I swear!

I know people are responding and reading as they can, but I can't handle this right now. I don't know what to do! I just want to stop it, please! Just something to make me sleep, make me stop thinking! Please.I can't handle this!!!

ok.... umm.........I don't know. I don't know. I can't stop crying and shaking and I just can't think. I'm sorry about the posting twice in a row, for not just editing, but I just wanted someone to respond....anyone really. Um. I....I just don't knowwhat to say. I don't know what to go do, I can't find anything except pills that don't make you sleep, unless your suicidal and want hta "deep sleep" but nothing to just make me sleep tonight without dreaming. I can't handle this, I just can't, not right now. Um....Ok.um. I just need someone to respond. About anything, just something. My mind won't stop with the nightmare and I can't take this, I can't handle this.

Crap. Of course I have to start freaking otu when no one is on! I'm sorry, I know it's not any of your faults of course. I just can't get ahold of myself. I cna't handle this. I really can't!!!

I'm sorry.

Have a big glass of warm milk. Then lay back in your bed, tell yourelf it was only a dream and nothing can actually harm you. Put your head to your pillow and go back to sleep. You'll be just fine in the morning. The boogie man isn't going to get you.

If the warm milk doesn't help, do a google on 'Einsteins general theory of relativity'. read the first four chapters. If you aren't sleeping by then you aren't human and need to contact E.T. for psycotherapy.

I've spent all day at work as well as running around looking for an apartment,

Well you are stressed from finding a new place to live, that is distressing enough. Just slow down and relax and perhaps just read a book, go for a jog. When I cant sleep I go for a jog even at midnight. That gets me to sleep, it increases endorphones (or whatever) and provides a natural sedative.

Sometimes dreams can be so visual and so real can't they...

Having a hot shower about half an hour before bed can help you sleep... or warm milk... or even a cup of hot chocolate or chamomile tea.

If you continue to have problems with your sleep and anxiety, definitely go and see your doc or a counsellor about it.. quite often these things are linked to problems in your life and it's so important for your own sanity that you straighten this out...

Good luck!

Hi sorry to hear your having trouble sleeping, i always read in bed and that helps me get to sleep. I have a dream book if you need anything translating, one paragraph i found is:

Another sleep disorder is apnoea. This occurs when the individual stops breathing for anything up to a minute. This then brings arousal from sleep, and the individual is continually in a nearwaking state. This condition does not need medical attention.

Maybe thats what happened and could explain the feeling of someone sitting on your chest. Remember your dreams cant hurt you, also sometimes i wake up gasping for breath if i sleep on my back, so i now sleep on my side, and i sleep fine in that position.

I hope you manage to get some sleep soon x

Thanks for the suggestions. I went out and walked, but I couldn't stop crying so that was strange. I got some stuffto make me fall asleep for tonight, cause last night AI didn't sleep. Hopefully that stuff will make me sleep without having a dream again.

Would it help if you told us what the nighmare was about? Maybe if you understood it better and why it happened you might be more confortable.

Just a thought.

I don't know what to think of it, but it scared me. I woke up and it felt real. is the first time I had a dream like that. But I have stuff to make me sleep, so I'll take that.