Was she waiting for me to saying something?

ducky

I met this exchange student 3 weeks ago and we went on our first date yesterday. I was supposed to show her around my town but we ended up talking to each other while walking aimlessly through the streets. I felt that there was this chemistry between us (we never ran out of things to talk!), but I don't know if she feels the same. The date lasted for 6 hours till 11pm.

At the end of the date, as I walked her to the train station (where she was catching the last train back) I could feel her pace slow down, to the extent that she was literally dragging her feet. And as we approached the turnstiles, there was an awkward silence for the first time between us.

Was she waiting for me to say something? Or is there a chance that she likes me just as a friend?

Thank you everyone for your feedback! She's overseas at the moment and will be back in a few days. I will ask her the day she gets back, and keep you all updated!

BTW, during the date, what confused me was that she hinted that she's still single, and went on to tell me how this other guy was after her, and how she didn't like him back. I suppose this is a good sign?

Thank you everyone for your feedback! She's overseas at the moment and will be back in a few days. I will ask her the day she gets back, and keep you all updated!

BTW, during the date, what confused me was that she hinted that she's still single, and went on to tell me how this other guy was after her, and how she didn't like him back. I suppose this is a good sign?

yeah! good sign! I think that she is trying to make you a little bit jealous by telling you she is a sought-after commodity, but that you'd better act fast!

are you picking her up from the airport? that would be nice.....

Are you picking her up from the airport? that would be nice.....

Thanks annie, That's a great idea! I never thought of that! I think she's travelling with her friends, so I don't know whether it's appropriate to pick her up in front of her friends. (I don't have a car yet, so I can't fetch all of them!)

I was also concerned about not appearing too desperate, because I really like her, and I don't want to screw this one up.