The letter i compiled.

After reading some good things on this board. I have compiled a letter i will not send. It just makes me happy when i read it. Thanks to people who contributed towards the letter.

LETTER START

Our relationship was not a bad one. We got along well, there was no cheating, and we could talk about anything with each other. I honestly admit, I thought you broke off with me in the hope I would realise what I'm missing and the infinite amount of love and support you gave me. There are always doubters who say that people break up for a reason, and you know what? They are absolutely right. Me and you broke up for the best reason possible - so we could get back together and fall in love all over again!

People might say, "Oh, this is a quick fix for you, and once you get comfortable again, you'll go right back to your old self!" Well, I have been through a lot of reading, heartache and understanding, I think I have finally learnt my lessons and realised what it takes to make a relationship great. Everything that I am doing right now is practice for me and I know if I keep it up, I will get better and better over time. I love you and I have made the decision to love you, 100%, unconditionally.

Things were good between me and you for the first 12 months; at least I thought they were, until you dropped the bomb of "wanting to break up". I was devastated, but soon came to realise that I was not putting enough into the relationship and I got too comfortable. I was just not giving the same in return. I knew I loved you, but I was not showing you through action.

I know most people say they change and then slip back into their old way, but I know in my heart I will give 100% to this relationship. I took time out to re-discover the real me, the person you had fallen in love with back at the beginning on the 11th April 2005. When you ended it, it was like a dagger to my heart and I realised then how much I truly loved you and wanted to be with you.

If I go anywhere, I imagine what it would be like if you were there. And if I think your there, I feel better.

Why did you leave me with so many questions?

You have always known that I wasn't all glitz and glamour; you know I was more the quiet and withdrawn. And I thought that you accepted me for that. It leaves me wondering if you ever think about those times, and how much they meant to you.

How am I to know how you feel if you don't talk to me, you always danced around it, but me, I told you what was in my heart, and after awhile I stopped because it made you uncomfortable, something else that you weren't use to. So I stopped because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable.

Why couldn't you believe that I just wanted to love you? I believed we could have gotten through anything. Do you remember the first time we talked? Do you remember our first kiss, and how nervous I was to kiss you, how my hands trembled to touch you?

You left me alone, alone now in my head and doubting myself more then ever. If you ever loved me, even in the smallest measurement, talk to me please…let me know that this really isn't the end. It was supposed to be you and me…..at least that's what I was leaded to believe.

Are the things we talked about (dreams) are they gone too. Is there any future for us?

I can't just stop loving you; you have become so much of my life. I wanted to be the one to kiss your lips at night and lay you down to sleep, and watch you while you sleep. I wanted to be the one to see your beautiful face in the morning and whisper to you "good morning Angel". Did I not compliment you enough?

I love you Laura, I have for a long time.

Now all I am is hurt and confused, and left wondering why you walked away from me like this and quick without having to discuss our problems.

We were together so long; I just don't want to throw away all that time. Now that I've realised what I've done to you, I can honestly say between the break up and now, I am a better man. I want us to try again. I think if we get back together we will love each other like never before, and will put 100% effort to make it work.

I decided to go away for a few days to try sort out what I really wanted…was it just someone because I had lost you, or was it really you that I wanted. After some soul searching, I came to the realisation that it was you I really wanted and would do my best to win you back to me.

You never said we weren't in love with each other. You just weren't happy with the way our relationship was. I want to take it to the next step and make it work.

I think exe's who get back together after a period of time have a better shot at working out in the long run depending on the reasons for breaking up.

I promise I have changed my ways and be more active in the relationship.

From the time we broke up, and up to now, I am me again without actually realising it. You may think that six weeks isn't a long time, but to me, it was an eternity.

I really, really don't know why I realised when we broke up; I truly loved you and wanted to be with you. Lesson learnt. I will do anything to keep us together. Was the break up a good thing? Of course it was, simply because it's made me realise what I've done wrong. To be honest, if we were still together now, the relationship would be the same as it was before, so I'm glad it ended. It has made me change, you wanted me to change in the past and I didn't. Well this is the time I've changed properly because of the break up.

I've never been heart broken before. All I ask is can we give it another go because now that I've realised, it will never go back to the way it was; now I know what it's like to be heart broken. I will succeed and put everything right that wasn't right before. Do you think I would be doing all this for nothing? I really want to prove to you I can do it. I want to take care of you like the princess you are.

Please Laura,

I want to take you out for a meal, to have a talk, to see the changes, and a possibility of a fresh start.

Love always, Parky

LETTER END.

What do you think?

Hey Parky-

Touching letter man, well done, straight from the heart.

From what I read in there, it might do you good to send it, for you. It sounds like there are a lot of barriers keeping you from moving forward through this. If I felt as strongly as you expressed in your letter about someone, I'd let her know for sure. I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't. Life is too short to do anything less.

And if she rejects or doesn't feel the same about you and your feelings, that is all the more motivation to bury this thing.

Just make sure she reads it...because she may not...and it might be better to look her in the eye and tell her in person...the emotion expressed in that letter almost demands that if possible...

But if you can keep what you wrote and put it away in your heart, more power to you...because I wouldn't be able to keep what you wrote in there...

Parky, I suggest that you wait a day or two and re-read the letter before (IF) you send it... this letter is mostly for YOU, so you can work through the pain you are feeling... I think you might want to ask yourself a question or two before sending anything in writing...

I guess my philosphy is, if the ex is NOT ASKING how you are feeling, then why do we feel the need to offer this personal information to them..what "good" will come from it? Ask yourself this first..

I'm sorry your heart is aching, but these feelings will pass it time, and if you send a letter, it's forever...the words are "out there" forever... so you might want to wait till fate puts you and her in the same place physically and if you are still having all these feelings, you can tell her in person, face to face..and then you can judge if she's actually willing to "hear you" or not....

I know whatever you decide to do, it will be the best for you... but be prepared if you do send it, that she is not in the same emotional place as you are right now..and you'd have to send it understanding that she this might be the last thing she wants to hear right now... and she may not respond in a positive way, or at all..and that's okay, as long as your heart can accept that as a possible outcome..just consider all this BEFORE hitting send..

We are all here for you, your letter was beautiful, we all understand it, because so many of us have "emotionally been there"... but like always that does not mean it will have any effect on the ex... so take care, let us know how you're doing... best, Blender

Thank you all very much for the positive response. Me and my ex agreed to go no contact for a month or two. After that we decided to go on a date, like for a drink or something, to talk about what we've been up to and to see if a fresh start will work out. I still have doubting feelings it won't go through, and she might of moved on, but she did promise in any cirumstances.

I guess I will read this letter to her face then?

Yeah I would definitely sit on the letter for a bit. I've got one written that I've been sitting on for a week now and might send it later this week. Reread it every couple days or so to make sure it feels right or even better, right another one and compare the two and pick which one you like best.

I'm sure you know your ex better than anyone on this forum. You need to decide how she will most likely react to it, and then decide if you want to send it. From my limited experience with this, the longer and more carefully you think things through, the better off you will be. Good luck either way

Well, from my experience with my ex, she will most likely cry. However, i don't know if she will in a months time when i plan to contact her.

I'll let you people know what happeneds.