Asked out a girl, not sure what it means

If you've read some of my posts in the past, you've seen that I have struggled with whether or not it would be a good idea to ask out a coworker.

Yesterday I asked my coworker out, and while she didn't say yes right away, she gave me her cell phone number and said to call her on friday. She also said she didn't want to go out drinking. I said thats okay, we didn't have to drink.

So I'm spose to call later today, but I'm not sure how to take all this. I'd like to take this as a sign that she is interested, but I do know that some girls will give out their phone number without ever having the intention of talking to a person.

Then again, I am friends with her, so I hope she wasn't using this defensive tactic.

Thoughts?

If you've read some of my posts in the past, you've seen that I have struggled with whether or not it would be a good idea to ask out a coworker.

Yesterday I asked my coworker out, and while she didn't say yes right away, she gave me her cell phone number and said to call her on friday. She also said she didn't want to go out drinking. I said thats okay, we didn't have to drink.

So I'm spose to call later today, but I'm not sure how to take all this. I'd like to take this as a sign that she is interested, but I do know that some girls will give out their phone number without ever having the intention of talking to a person.

Then again, I am friends with her, so I hope she wasn't using this defensive tactic.

Thoughts?

Give her a ring - number of options you can do tonight, but you must ring and you must sound keen and enthusiastic! The girl has given you her number, and told you to call her. If she's not up for going for a drink, depends where you live but you could:

go for casual dinner (fun cafe) and then cafe with music (depends where you live)

cinema/coffee - i really like that option, myself, but that's just me!

have something definite planned, don't be vague - the girl has given you the green light! let us know how you get on!!

Good luck.

Oooooooh must avoid cinema on a first date, end of the night comes and you'd realise you haven't talked......

Coffee sounds excellent, we don't have late night coffee shops in the uk here but i'd love that option!

Give her a ring - number of options you can do tonight, but you must ring and you must sound keen and enthusiastic! The girl has given you her number, and told you to call her. If she's not up for going for a drink, depends where you live but you could:

go for casual dinner (fun cafe) and then cafe with music (depends where you live)

cinema/coffee - i really like that option, myself, but that's just me!

have something definite planned, don't be vague - the girl has given you the green light! let us know how you get on!!

Good luck.

Oooooooh must avoid cinema on a first date, end of the night comes and you'd realise you haven't talked......

Coffee sounds excellent, we don't have late night coffee shops in the uk here but i'd love that option!

LOL - well, I'm a movie buff. What I would do is go to an early evening movie (about 6-ish) and then go for supper or coffee, and chatter away about the film! Maybe that's just me though - I do like doing that on a date! And there are coffee shops in edinburgh, or bars that serve coffee (now we've gone completely non-smoking, things have changed!)

City girl huh?

We have three pubs and a cow down here

I'm a movie buff but I swear I wouldn't know what to do in a cinema anymore as I download everything because I can't wait!

I share your passion for movies!!

LOL - well, I'm a movie buff. What I would do is go to an early evening movie (about 6-ish) and then go for supper or coffee, and chatter away about the film! Maybe that's just me though - I do like doing that on a date! And there are coffee shops in edinburgh, or bars that serve coffee (now we've gone completely non-smoking, things have changed!)
City girl huh?

We have three pubs and a cow down here

I'm a movie buff but I swear I wouldn't know what to do in a cinema anymore as I download everything because I can't wait!

I share your passion for movies!!

Excellent - nice to meet a fellow movie buff! But I love *LOVE* going to the cinema. Sometimes - don't tell anyone - I go to the cinema on my own because I want to see something weird, and no one is buying that it's a romantic comedy (it's usually a strange japanese film or something, lol!). We've just had the film festival, and that was huge fun.

I grew up in the country too - I know that lack of places to go on a Friday night that's not the local pub! Mind you, here I am at enotalone on a friday evening, so what's that about???!

You need to go out!

I've never spent a friday or saturday night at home since I was 18 and i'm buggered if i'm going to start now!!!

Excellent - nice to meet a fellow movie buff! But I love *LOVE* going to the cinema. Sometimes - don't tell anyone - I go to the cinema on my own because I want to see something weird, and no one is buying that it's a romantic comedy (it's usually a strange japanese film or something, lol!). We've just had the film festival, and that was huge fun.

I grew up in the country too - I know that lack of places to go on a Friday night that's not the local pub! Mind you, here I am at enotalone on a friday evening, so what's that about???!

I'm going to pick up my friend Andy. Then into central milton keynes for drinks with the boys and onto a club. Can't wait!

LOL - well, it's seven pm and to be honest I'm absolutely wiped out. It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG week, so I'm having a night in, maybe some wine, and basically being selfish. What you up to then?