I think I'm gonna be in trouble this time

To keep the tale short two of my friends have always detested this particular girl ever since elementary school. Just a week ago, the two of them and I were wearing all black clothes, egged her house and also ransacked things.

When we were ready to leave, the two of them went on her along with shoving and throwing punches (almost to the point of beating her up pinning her down to the ground). At some point I was told to come on and join in. I told them it was horrrible and kinda hesitated for a while before I took part of it by throwing water or standing their laughing (it was a fake laugh by the way, I had no choose).

Will I be in trouble for this. I have never in my life broke into a house nor take part in an almost beating horrible thing. I have trespass on a cemetry and did other sorts of games, but this..help

I feel like reporting my friends but then I can't they're my friends. The girl could be covered with bruises.

What did the girl do to deserve such hatred? Why did your friends feel the need to attack her, egging her house is one thing but to then bash her?

Friends or no friends I can't see how what they did is in anyway defensable and if you let this one go and they some how get away with it what will they have you do next?

I say report them now before things get any worse, you may still get in trouble for it but letting it slide wont make things better.

Hi there,

Well it's brave of you to admit to this. However, you assaulted this girl and have been systematically part of a group of people that have been bullying her for years. You need to do something. I'm not sure which country you are in? But you should remember that assault, harassment and intimidation are CRIMINAL offences, whatever the age of the perpetrator or victim.

If you see someone being bullied and you don't do anything to help them then you're helping the bully - and from your post, to me is sounds like you participated. Sure, you feel bad now, but that's because you're worried you're going to get in trouble. People who are being bullied can feel their lives are such a misery that they want to die.

There are a lot of good sites out there about bullying, but to be honest, I think you guys have committed assault. I think it may well be a police matter if she decides to press charges. However, some of the options given on one bullying site are:

- Tell a teacher

- Go with the person being bullied and back up what they say to the teacher

- Tell the person being bullied that you'll help them to tell their parents

- Agree with your friends that you will all make it clear to the person doing the bullying that you don't like what they're doing

- Tell your parents what's happening and ask them to have a quiet word with your head of year

- Keep a diary of what you see going on so that you can give a teacher a reliable account of what has been happening

I think you have to take responsibility for your actions, and do SOMETHING to stop this right now. You also need to look at why you have behaved like this, and seek help yourself. Does your school run peer mediation/peer support groups? If not, maybe get one started. There are a lot of resources out there.

I know this sounds harsh, but you have got to sort this out and take responsibility for your own actions. You need to do it not just because you're scared of being caught, but also to find out why you have behaved so horribly to this one person.

First of all I just want to say that I don't buy the "I didnt have a choice line" You always have a choice...and well, this time you chose wrong. Anyways.

Yeah...you're looking at assault here. Turn your friends in? I wouldn't. What I /would/ do however, is actually seek this person you assaulted out, and confess/apologize/ect. She may want to press charges, be prepared for that. But you owe it to this person to make up for what you did, and not only that, but to make sure that you and your "friends" don't let this crap keep happening.

First of all I just want to say that I don't buy the "I didnt have a choice line" You always have a choice...and well, this time you chose wrong. Anyways.

Yeah...you're looking at assault here. Turn your friends in? I wouldn't. What I /would/ do however, is actually seek this person you assaulted out, and confess/apologize/ect. She may want to press charges, be prepared for that. But you owe it to this person to make up for what you did, and not only that, but to make sure that you and your "friends" don't let this crap keep happening.

I agree with this completely. Its amazing what just saying sorry can do... Who knows, this girl has probably completely changed, and you might get along with her really well.

What is your relationship with your parents like?

If you have a good one I suggest you first confess to them. Then you go over to the girls house and confess to her and her parents. Also you owe her an apology and you must pay whatever consequences are due to you.

What you did was assault. First you broke in then you trashed her parents house and then you beat this girl up. Its very bad what you did and you need to make ammends for it and pay the piper. Oh they may file charges against you and you need to stand up and face that or you may regret it for the rest of your days, the choice that you made when you were 17.

And if the police don't scare you, Karma is veangeful... very veangeful. This could have reprecussions throughout the rest of your life, lingering guilt and uncertanties, not to mention the apparent and total lack of self-esteem - you beat a girl in her house because you were told to? You can say No, and true friends will respect you for it, maybe not immediately, but over time.

In the interim, you need to tell someone. I like the idea of talking to the girl you attacked and explaining what happened to her, and making it clear how sorry you feel for the attack.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprise I got helpful advice this time instead of flaming comments like last time when I posted about something else (though lesser offense than this one) I did felt terrible in which these same now ex friends of mine were involved, luckily the kid never found out about it.

At that time when I was posting and received negative feedbacks I almost was going to give up on this and did walk away for a long while (I felt you people were being unfair judging me), actually an older friend of mine whom I consider my sister came to the rescue and she saved me once again from ruining my life.

Thank you all for not judging me nor flaming me this time, I was angry for a long while that I had to ask for my first account to be banned.