I'm pretty sure she likes me

Theres a girl I go to school with and I like her. I'm pretty sure she likes me too, theres been lots of eye contact. We walk together in the hall very closely and all that. and lots of flirting and we tell each other lots etc... but the other day she mentioned as we were walking down the hall that she liked a certain guy. He is a very popular senior who has a g/f and we are sophomores so not to be mean or anything but she doesnt really have a chance with him. My question is do you think she was just like kidding around, i mean i think a lot of senior girls are hot too, but I like her. I'm pretty sure if I asked her out she would say yes but do ya think she really is going to try for that guy or what is goin on? girls can be very difficult to understand

• 1 month later...

THIS MIGHT BE ALL TO LATE!

Well what can I say girls can be difficult to understand. If you like her then you should just go right ahead and ask her out. I am 99% sure that she is trying to give you a hint so that you can ask her out. This means that she is joking around with you making you wonder and leaving you puzzled. If you say that you guys flirt walk in the hallway together and have eye contact with each other then you should go for it and see what happens. I mean its better then being left wondering all day long. I am a sophomore myself and I know how it feels because I was in something close to what is happening to you. I got out of it and everything is ok now. So look at it this way, ask her out see how it all goes. GOOD LUCK!