It's been 2 1/2 months since my ex left me.

I was waiting for him till few days ago. Two nights ago I met my friend from college who just broke up with his gf few days ago. What he told me was so similar to what my ex told me when he broke up with me. I could feel how much my friend loved his (ex-)gf and why it didn't work. He was missing her and loving her so much but knew that their relationship was over.

I was confused by my ex's behavior. I thought he loved me, I thought I felt his love even when we were parting, but if he did love me, how could he leave me like that? Did I imagine the love all the time? Was I in denial because I didn't want to lose what I thought I had? And my friend let me understand the situation. Sometimes you have to let go a person who you love. And love doesn't just fade.

I was afraid of falling in love again. But now that I understand that the feeling we shared was not fake, I believe that one day I can trust someone and his feeling again. I still need to grieve of loss of him. But I can't wait till I get healed and be ready to meet someone else.

Hope this is not a temporary phase. Thank you all. I wouldn't have been able to get this stage without your support.