no period and negative test results

I am currently trying to conceive my second child. I had a miscarriage in May 2006. I thought I was pregnant about 5 weeks ago, but it turned out to be a false positive. (I was not happy.) I have been charting my cycle snice then and I did ovulate. My period was due on Monday. I took and pregnancy test then and again today both were negative.

it can take several days or weeks to get a correct reading for those pregnancy tests. If you just missed your period 2 days ago, maybe the hormone levels are not detectable yet. Why not take another one next week, and take it first thing in the morning (when your urine is more concentrated, so that the hormone levels will be more concentrated).

I am sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I hope you have a baby soon! Hang in there!

Hey muffin,

Do you have pretty regular periods then?

I would wait until you are a week late (if you get there) then test...just to allow levels to build up if they are there, and save money on testing too a bit.

I posted on your other thread, about the false positive...as I am wondering what reason they gave you for it (ie early miscarriage) as false positives are generally pretty impossible (unless you did not test correctly...such as reading the results past the time frame you are meant too, etc).

Hey muffin,

Do you have pretty regular periods then?

I would wait until you are a week late (if you get there) then test...just to allow levels to build up if they are there, and save money on testing too a bit.

I posted on your other thread, about the false positive...as I am wondering what reason they gave you for it (ie early miscarriage) as false positives are generally pretty impossible (unless you did not test correctly...such as reading the results past the time frame you are meant too, etc).

I agree I think that I may wait until next Wednesday to test again. It was a digital test and I did read it within the time frame, so I am pretty sure that it was just a bad test.