Who cares what is normal. Nothing is really normal, and there's no time frame for when to get over someone. Think about what happened, why it didn't work, and why it won't work now. Try to look at things from a different perspective, as if you were giving a friend advice about the situation you are in.

You can tell yourself you should be over someone as much as you want, but you need to prove to yourself that you should be. Sometimes you have to do what your head tells you, even if your heart takes a while to catch up.

Good luck to you

Thank you girls for writing

I simply loved her very dearly. We were each other's first loves.

She emailed me twice recently, and now she lives out of town. When she run into me last time, a friend who was there--he did not know who she was--said that it was clear she liked me a lot from the way she spoke with me.

I wish if this feeling just goes away!!!

Who cares what is normal. Nothing is really normal, and there's no time frame for when to get over someone. Think about what happened, why it didn't work, and why it won't work now. Try to look at things from a different perspective, as if you were giving a friend advice about the situation you are in.

You can tell yourself you should be over someone as much as you want, but you need to prove to yourself that you should be. Sometimes you have to do what your head tells you, even if your heart takes a while to catch up.

Good luck to you

Thanks anonymous. It did not work out because we fell in love. It was her first relationship so she was very scared. We treated each other so well, and we had an immediate connection...

Well break-ups can be getting migraines, pain killers actually, but you can get over it if you work on yourself. You should try some activities, go hang out with your friends, watch movies, etc. do other stuff to keep your mind busy from refraining to that one person.

If you think there is a chance she may get back together with you then go for it - you have nothing to lose. If she does want you that would be great - if she does not then you can take that as final closure and decide that you will move on to someone who does want you.

Thanks anonymous. It did not work out because we fell in love. It was her first relationship so she was very scared. We treated each other so well, and we had an immediate connection...

If both of you have immediate connection and treat each other very well, why it did not work out?

Is she still single?

Thank you guys for the feedback

lilgothicdevil5533 wrote:

-- well if she feels the same and u also like her i think that you should give it one more try?

She actually emailed me a couple of times this year, and the second time she was VERY friendly. I was wondering whether she wants to establish contact again. She is very shy, and may be that what makes her be not very aggressive. Is her emailing me after two years and half of breaking up a sign that she may still have feelings?

Alice 1987 wrote:

--You should try some activities, go hang out with your friends, watch movies, etc. do other stuff to keep your mind busy from refraining to that one person.

I am actually a very busy person. I have just finished my undergraduate degree, and I feel very content. I go see movies, and do lots of fun stuff. The thing is that she is always on the back of my mind!

DN wrote:

--If you think there is a chance she may get back together with you then go for it - you have nothing to lose. If she does want you that would be great - if she does not then you can take that as final closure and decide that you will move on to someone who does want you.

The only reason we broke off because she moved out of town. She did the breaking up. So, the reason is still there!!!

Guest12345678 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1140887", true); wrote:

--If both of you have immediate connection and treat each other very well, why it did not work out?

--Is she still single?

1) She was afraid of committment. It was her first every thing(relationship, love, sexual experience,....).

2)I have no idea.

Did you do no contact? Did you take time off from talking to her to heal? Did you date others? If not, then yeah, it's normal that if you really cared for her you wouldn't be over her. Talk to her, find out what's up and see if there is still something there. If not, go into no contact mode so you can get over her. Good luck!

The only reason we broke off because she moved out of town. She did the breaking up. So, the reason is still there!!!

Maybe she regrets breaking up for this reason, maybe she wants to reconcile and do more effort seeing you. Find out for yourself! If it's negative, yup, move on like DN said, final closure! Nothing to lose, only to win..